Tinley Park, IL
A Suburban Chicago not for profit foundation, created to promote the support, care, and comfort for individuals in Illinois with mental and developmental disabilities, is seeking a full time President / CEO. We are seeking a candidate who understands our Foundation’s unyielding focus on putting the people we serve first in every decision we make. The best candidate will be vigilant in ensuring that all funds have a direct positive impact on the lives of our clients.
- Has day to day responsibility for managing the foundation including all programs and events. Overall responsibility for the strategic, programmatic, financial and management operations of the organization.
- Effectively lead the organization while ensuring strong working relationships with board members, staff, donors, prospects, partners and volunteers.
- Actively engage with existing and new organizational stakeholders, servicing as primary spokesperson in order to build trust and inspire ongoing support for the organization.
- Engage in open dialogue with the Board of Directors, recommending strategies and plans, and identifying and clearly communicating the support required to achieve objectives.
- Bachelors degree required
- Experience in a senior leadership role in a non-profit organization is preferred
- Capable of handling a Foundation with over $18,500,000 in consolidated net worth
- Familiarity with issues affecting non-profit agencies as they relate to the organization’s mission
- Ability to develop and execute annual long range funding strategies
- Ability to oversee grant management, compliance and reporting
- Experience in property management
- Experience in development of new programs and initiatives