• Sets-up/Runs press for daily operation
• Performs scheduled preventative maintenance functions to keep press and pressroom equipment operating smoothly
• Checks roller settings and adjust rollers to specifications, mounts quality (conformance to requirements) plates, operates controls, registers color, and sets ink and fountain solution balance. The outcome of all these function: To produce a quality (conformance to requirements) product
• Removes used plates for storage
• Sets-up/maintains/operates cutters
• Assures all equipment is functioning in a normal and safe manner
• Assures all equipment guards and safely procedures are maintained
• Responsible for the timely completion of all sheetfed work
• Effectively performs other tasks as assigned in other departments as needed (Web press, Inserting, etc.).
Must be able to effectively communicate, read and write English. Able to work with others professionally under daily deadline pressures and a good “eye” for detail. Must have a good understanding of computer operations: Is responsible for the quality, timely production of customer materials. a plus. Must be able to work professional understanding printing press deadlines.
It is the policy of Journal Sentinel, Inc. that all persons regardless of age, sex, creed, sexual orientation, national origin, or handicap will be judged solely on their qualifications in employment matters that include but are limited to recruitment, hiring, promotion, transfer, training, and termination. We are proud to be an EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform substance abuse testing.
Journal Communications, Inc. is a news paper publisher. The Company has four business segments: publishing, broadcasting, printing services...