Under the direction of the District Technical Production Manager (DTPM) the incumbent will provide technical service on Preventive Maintenance calls, shuttle necessary parts and supplies for service repair completion for repair technicians, and to perform on-the-job training tasks when working with a Break Technician on call types. The goal of this position is to be a feeder into either the Install Tech or Break/Fix Tech position.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Graduation from trade school for HVAC + possess CFC certification
- Must possess and maintain a valid state driver's license per company policy
Role specific abilities/skills:
- Knowledge of basic electrical principles
- Ability to use the Sears Smart Toolbox (SST) to input, access, modify, or output information
- Experience with reading, understanding and able to navigate through information presented in diagram, blueprints, or other pictorial displays on the laptop computer
- Experience using a laptop computer for service call processes, routing functions and parts/inquiries/ordering
- Ability to communicate, read, understand, and apply written text of a technical nature in order to answer questions, solve problems, or complete job tasks.
- Complete understanding of all tools, equipment and materials used to perform services on HVAC units.
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Ability to receive truck stock at home if a company vehicle is retained at the Break Fix Technician’s residence or other location.
- Ability to work variable and flexible hours, including significant overtime as needed along with overnight and Sunday service as needed
- Ability to handle stressful situations and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to follow appropriate industry specific regulations related to the handling of hazardous materials
- Ability to lift and carry up to 75lbs.
- Frequent bending, stooping, kneeling, stretching, twisting, reaching and climbing.
- Ability to drive/travel long distances of 5 hours plus.
- Ability to drive in various weather conditions for long periods of time and in various demographic areas.
- Must be able to access interior and exterior landscapes.
- Ability to access different levels of terrain while performing duties
Sears, Roebuck and Co. hasn't outgrown the mall scene, but it's spending more time in other places. Beyond its 840 US mall-based stores,...