The Prevention and Outreach Provider (POP) will participate in all aspects of the agency’s Prevention and Outreach program. Responsibilities include providing HIV testing, and screening and assessment/risk reduction counseling to patients in both stand alone visits and the Sexual Health Clinic, in accordance with established Callen-Lorde testing protocol. Responsibilities will also include internal data collection, reporting, and analyzing for contractual submission. In addition, the POP will participate in Callen-Lorde’s community outreach, education and marketing activities, through community events in the New York metropolitan area, and through collaborations to other CBOs, and will include involvement in the design, implementation and maintenance of multiple prevention interventions unique to Callen-Lorde.
Health Center is open Monday through Saturday. Evening and Saturday hours are required. Salary will depend on experience and will be accompanied by an excellent benefits package, including individual medical and dental insurance, life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, generous vacation/leave time, and optional 401K/403B plan.
Send cover letter and resume including salary requirements to:
- College degree (BA/BS) in health/social services required.
- Experience in health care, HIV service delivery or social services preferred.
- Certification in Phlebotomy preferred.
- Commitment to the mission of Callen-Lorde Community Health Center.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations, including gay, bisexual, and transgender communities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of HIV/AIDS, Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) and transmission risks.
- Demonstrated knowledge of city, state, national and global prevention strategies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of risk reduction theory as it applies to transmission of HIV and other STIs.
- Ability to work within team-based structure.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong writing skills.
- Ability to self-manage multiple tasks.
- Computer literacy preferred.
Subject: Prevention and Outreach Provider Search
Callen-Lorde Community Health Center
356 West 18th Street, New York, NY 10011
(NO TELEPHONE INQUIRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED)
Callen-Lorde Community Health Center provides sensitive, quality health care and related services primarily to New York's lesbian, gay,...