Protective Life Corporation, headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama, is a life insurance company founded in 1907; with subsidiaries that provide financial services through the production, distribution and administration of a diverse array of insurance and investment products.
We are looking to add an actuarial student to our Life and Annuity Product Development Team.
This person will join a team of actuaries and analysts that provide financial and actuarial analysis to Protective’s Life and Annuity Division. This position will have interaction with other teams within the department.
The qualities that we are looking for in a candidate include:
- Hard working
- Analytical & inquisitive
- Accountable and results-oriented
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent communication skills
- Leadership potential
Job duties will include:
- Support the development of innovative customer-focused offerings in accord with the company's financial goals and risk appetite.
- Independently model and analyze product cash flows and associated risks.
- Presenting findings in to Pricing Leads and Managing Actuaries in a manner that helps drive business decisions.
- Partnering with the Competitive Intel team in analyzing pricing risks & opportunities.
- Ensuring suitable documentation of results and processes.
- Assist in the creation of meeting documents for senior governance committees.
- Active participation in the actuarial student program, with an ongoing focus on self-development.
- Complete ad hoc projects as assigned by manager.
- Demonstrating high levels of integrity and adhering to Actuarial Standards of Practice.
- BA/BS Degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics and/or related major.
- Completion of at least three actuarial exams.
- 2+ years of actuarial work experience required.
- Experience using actuarial pricing software (MG-ALFA preferred) to solve business problems.
- Experience with Variable Annuity or Life Insurance Products preferred
- Strong work ethic and drive.
- Excellent spreadsheet and technical skills (i.e. programming / coding).
- Ability to interact professionally and effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to manage concurrent deadlines and multiple priorities.
Protective Life Corporation - 17 months ago