Position Title: Pricing Analyst - Hannaford
Department: Banner Pricing
Location: Scarborough ME
**Lead Candidate Identified**
Execute the base and promotional pricing strategies as identified by banners so that the category is achieving the margin goals and the index targets established by the banner. Analyze performance to identify opportunities and present recommendations that mitigate risk to the banner and category.
• Assist in the training of new Pricing Analysts.
• Responsible for training and developing pricing assistants.
• Manage performance through planning, coaching, and the appraisal process.
• Execute base and promotional pricing strategies for a specific department or super category across all banners by price zone.
• Forecast margin rate by department or super category for each banner.
• Assist in the development of budgets by banner and department.
• Investigate indexing opportunities and communicate the findings to Pricing leadership.
• Conduct competitive analysis to determine appropriate promotional retails by zone.
• Work with Category teams and Pricing counterparts to achieve margin goals and index targets. Present recommendations for review that close any gaps if counter to a Banner’s strategy.
• Analyze trends to identify changes and communicate those findings to the Category teams and Pricing counterparts.
• Monitor cost changes and competitive changes via the Pricing Analysis Tool and adjust retail pricing when necessary, ensuring that foundational pricing principles are followed.
• Analyze and execute all seasonal pricing opportunities.
• Fresh analysts only – execution of monthly shrink accruals.
• Execute the closeout process.
• Establish retails for new items and manage price masters for the department or super category.
• Analyze category performance – margin, sales, and movement.
• Responsible for the item integrity of category items in ads and on signs.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Mathematics, Statistics or related field or equivalent experience.
• Solid knowledge of company and industry practices and procedures.
• Highly motivated and detail oriented with excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to plan, develop, and execute multiple strategies and priorities.
• Strong Excel, DSS, and PC skills.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to adapt to change quickly.
Hannaford Bros. may have started as a fruit and vegetable stand in 1883, but it has expanded from its Maine roots to become an upscale...