The Pricing Analyst provides pricing proposals and/or customer implementations using UPS developed systems. He/She provides competitive rates and effective pricing strategies that both maximize profitability and favorably position UPS in the marketplace. This position may be required to work with Sales, Operations, and Finance groups to ensure timely and accurate customer setup.
This position is also responsible for evaluating and analyzing pricing requests. This includes to gathering pertinent customer information to gain a comprehensive understanding of their needs and responding to internal and external inquiries. The Pricing Analyst ensures accuracy and completeness of pricing requests.
- Runs contracts, volume, and rates queries.
- Completes ad hoc analyses on financial impacts of different pricing scenarios.
- Verifies information on accepted proposals to ensure timely contract implementation .
- Audits contracts and addendums to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Participates in formal training sessions to increase skill set.
- Completes bid acceptance checklists and bid response forms of contracts and addendums.
- Monitors workload of junior staff members.
- Applies financial knowledge in order to read and interpret financial statements, develop business cases using financial information (e.g., cost, revenue forecasts, etc.) and plan and effectively manage budgets.
- Applies information analysis by identifying key data sources, synthesizing data, and drawing conclusions based on logic and objectivity in order to generate solutions.
- Applies knowledge of information systems elements (hardware, software, network) and their application to business functions/processes.
- Applies pricing knowledge and understanding of pricing policies, procedures, processes and systems.
- Applies problem definition and structure knowledge to describe problems, break them down into key issues, and identify solutions by testing hypotheses and identifying root causes.
- Applies knowledge of the features and business applications of services, products and customer-facing technology offerings and solutions.
- Conducts competitive analysis of competitor’s offerings and strategies, and maintains awareness of competitive environment.
Employer will not sponsor visas for position.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. for this employer.
- Must be currently in the same geographic location as the job or willing to relocate yourself there.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Industrial Engineering Degree preferred
- Business/analytical experience post undergraduate degree is preferred.
- Previous experience analyzing data sets in Excel preferred
- Previous experience building and manipulating Access databases preferred.
- Transportation Experience preferred
- Strong data analysis capabilities preferred
- MBA preferred
- Previous experience working in Air or Ocean Freight preferred
*If you are a current UPS Employee, please apply to this position via - UPSERs.com - "My career" tab and follow the process accordingly.
UPS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business work better,...