2H Offshore is a leading engineering contractor specializing in the design, structural analysis and integrity management of riser and conductor systems for the offshore oil and gas industry. We have offices in many of the major offshore oil centers of the world, including Houston, London, Aberdeen, Kuala Lumpur, Rio de Janeiro, Perth and Beijing.
2H is a dynamic, fast growing company and our passion for engineering has enabled us to become a leader in our field. We have a young and vibrant culture and believe that our success depends on the quality and well-being of our people. We strive to employ the best people for the job and provide a fun working environment to make sure we have a top quality and motivated team.
The challenges involved in designing deepwater risers are considerable and require the application of cutting edge technology. We are seeking bright, talented individuals who can rise to this challenge and help us apply new ideas to real life industry problems. In return, we are committed to providing employees with continued training and development and rapid career progression in this exciting field.
A new position has arisen in our Houston office for a Principal/Lead Riser Engineer.
The successful candidate will work within a team responsible for project management and technical management of work.
Activities will include:
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Planning work ensuring that scope is completed as per client requirements.
- Keeping track of project schedule and budget.
- Client interface and management of deliverables.
- Defining technical scopes of work and the engineering tasks to be conducted to cover the scope.
- Assisting engineers with analysis and guiding work as needed.
- QA of results and reports and ensuring that work is conducted in accordance with 2H quality standards and practices.
If you would like to discuss this position further, please send your inquiry to the email address above and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Please note whether or not you currently have the proper authorization to work in the United States. 2H Offshore cannot give you serious consideration for employment without this information.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and should be confident in verbal communication with colleagues and clients through daily interaction and presentations.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in mechanical, structural, ocean engineering, or a related discipline.
- 5-10 years riser engineering and project management experience to lead multiple engineering and analysis riser projects.
- Familiarity with FLEXCOM and/or ORCAFLEX is preferred.
- Willingness to learn in a fast-paced and technically challenging work environment with a steep learning curve.
- Living in, or willing and able to relocate to Houston, Texas.
2H Offshore - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -