The Principal Applications/Web Developer (Java) position is a strategic, cross-functional role that spans many technologies and frameworks, including Enterprise Portal (Liferay), Mobile (Apps & Mobile Web), ECM (Perceptive Software), SharePoint 2010, Oracle ERP & BI, and other products within the University Information Technology Services (UITS) Unit.
- Play a lead role developing new capabilities within the Liferay Portal plus application integration of other products into the Liferay framework
- Undertake an impactful role in the early stages of the organization’s mobile strategy, development and implementation of a comprehensive program
- Work with users to gather and translate business requirements into detailed technical specifications
- Devise, develop and enhance current processes to solve complex problems
- Develop and ensure product quality standards
- On-call availability
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field
- 5 - 7 years of relevant work experience
- Proficiency in the following web technologies: XML, AJAX, CSS, HTML
- Java EE and Web services development and implementation experience strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of Enterprise Portal technologies (e.g. Liferay) strongly preferred
- Application integration of tools such as Wiki (e.g. Confluence), Blog (e.g. WordPress), SharePoint 2010, and Enterprise Search into Java EE frameworks strongly preferred
- Experience with Document Imaging tools such as Perceptive Software’s iScript or equivalent is a plus
- Experience working with mobile development frameworks (e.g. Kurogo)
- PHP is a plus
- Familiarity with leading Content Management systems is a nice to have
- Familiarity with the Adobe Design Suite is a nice to have
- Strong analytic and communication skills, both written and interpersonal
- Strong leadership skills; experience leading a team is a plus
Starting salary for this position will be commensurate with candidate's experience.
No relocation assistance available.
No applications will be accepted from our pre-approved staff augmentation vendors or other unaffiliated recruiting/placement agencies prior to August 23, 2012.
The University of Massachusetts is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer.
University of Massachusetts - 9 months ago
The University of Massachusetts Medical School, one of the fastest growing academic health centers in the country, has built a reputation as...