Position can be located either in Boulder, CO or San Jose, CA
Our Principal Architect will work in the Digital Systems group leading a number of Video initiatives as we transition to IP. The ideal candidate is an expert in the video field bringing both legacy and new technologies with an extensive understanding of video encoding, packaging, transport, and content protection technologies and trends, including STBs, Gateways, silicon, and applications. Youll be responsible for assessing video technology trends and their implications for the cable industry, architecting technical solutions, planning and leading technical projects and teams, communicating with MSOs, vendors, and other industry representatives, presenting at industry forums, and participating in relevant standards initiatives.
- Provide technical leadership supporting video technology for the cable industry.
- Communicate with customer CTOs and senior technical staff with authority around video technologies and trends.
- Initiate and lead innovation and R&D projects.
- Present at industry events to increase Cablelabs technical presence.
- M.S. Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- At least 10 years industry experience with MPEG based video technologies for television.
- Excellent system design and architecture skills.
- Ability to lead a working group to evolve complex interface specifications.
- Experience presenting at industry forums.
- Strong technical writing skills with demonstrated ability to document software in a compact/clear manner.
- Experience with video semiconductor technologies is preferred.
- Experience with IP video distribution technologies is a plus.
- Ability to travel 25%.
This is a full-time, salaried position with an excellent culture and benefits package.