Ideas. Energy. Excitement. Opportunities. In today's mobile world, it feels like anything is possible - and that's what inspires us to get out of bed and work for Nokia each day.
Our goal is to build great mobile products that help billions of people worldwide to enjoy more of what life has to offer. Not only that, innovations from people like you has made our brand one of the most recognized in the world. At Nokia, you will be part of shaping a new era for the mobile industry. And we want you to build a career which will inspire you and inspire others around the world.
Advanced Engineering Group is a multi-disciplinary agile product innovation and prototyping team based in Sunnyvale, California. We collaborate with internal and external resources locally and around the globe. We are expected to be driven, solution focused and deliver innovation for Nokia. This team is shaping the future of Nokia,and will continue to have tremendous opportunity to do so.
The Advanced Engineering Group is looking for a Principal Hardware Architect who is responsible for the architecture and system design of future innovations. The Architect will work directly with software counterpart of Advanced Engineering team to manage the technical direction of Advanced Engineering, while working across Nokia to set the direction for future Nokia products. You will be the technical leader within Advanced Engineering and need to establish focus in a sea of ambiguity, and have the ability to extrapolate and communicate core concepts of complex challenges. You have the ability to see the big picture, while understanding the intricacy of details that might impact the big picture. You will be exposed to bleeding edge technology and research, and are expected to apply these to product solutions that are relevant to consumers and have the potential to disrupt conventional product
categories. The ideal candidate has strong system wide experience in digital/analog design and has good understanding of detailed sub-systems, e.g. power, RF, sensors, optical, etc. Candidate needs to be able to work in a fast paced environment while providing hands-on support for prototyping, bring-up, debugging, validation and manufacturing. Experience with high volume, low power, mobile products is required. Expect 20% international travel.
- Translate customer and project requirements into an elegant architectural design for innovative product concepts
- Author system specifications to allow for costing and resource planning
- Drive innovation and advancements within responsible areas to improve overall consumer value
- Work within cross-functional teams to specify complex hardware and software systems
- Represent Advanced Engineering in technical collaborations and client engagements
- Analyze new interfaces and subsystems, break down complex issues and collaborate across cross-functional teams to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Must be able to plan work and work to a plan, adapting as necessary in a rapidly evolving environment
- Provide tactical contribution and technical leadership throughout the conceptual and detail design stages of product development
- Manage cross-group interaction
- Able to lead project team and mentor team members
- Apply technical expertise to push for innovation and customer delight
with RF components and circuits
- BS/MS Electrical Engineering or equivalent required
- Must be familiar with mobile systems, especially chipsets, memory, graphics, and power management
- Instinctive and curiously minded to build new product concepts
- Ability to solve ambiguous and complex problems
- Highly professional, with ability to multitask and deliver solid work on tight schedules
- 15+ years overall experience needed
- Experience in the following areas is advantageous: Low power system, analog, audio, power supplies, integration
protocols is highly desired
- Experience with one or more wireless communications protocols such as GSM, WLAN, and similar wireless
At Nokia, everyone makes a difference and everyone is heard; we value a mix of cultures, genders, age groups, beliefs, interests and opinions. We operate in more markets than ever before, and our employees from diverse backgrounds have helped us shape Nokia into a company which means something to billions of people around the world.
A career at Nokia means being able to make a difference. And we like to think we’ll give you an enjoyable and inspiring place to spend your working day.
Research & Development
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Nokia - 21 months ago
Nokia is one of the world's leading makers of cell phones. First incorporated in the Finnish city it's named after, Nokia's business...