As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 24,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Maintain multiple web sites for Health and Human Services' (HHS) Administration for Child and Families' (ACF) Office of Child Care (OCC) program:
1. Designs, builds, deploys, and maintains web pages according to customer requirements using a variety of graphics software applications, techniques, and tools.
2. Interfaces directly with federal staff and contractor staff to obtain web content requirements.
3. Interfaces directly with customers, users, graphic artists, and web software developers.
4. Assists federal staff and contractor staff to define web content and associated requirements.
5. Designs the website to support the organization/customers strategies and goals relative to external communications.
6. Interfaces with ACF web group and server administrators to determine web content posting requirements and relay information to OCC staff.
7. Contributes to the web design groups efforts to specify, improve, and implement the look, feel, and function of web projects.
8. Ensures posted content follows all accessibility requirements, specifically Section 508 compliance.
9. Converts content to various formats as required by customer requirements.
10. Trains federal staff and contractor staff in ACF/OCC web rules/regulations, use of software, 508 compliance issues, etc.
11. Designs and develops user-interface features, site animation, and special-effects elements, as needed.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Fine Arts, Graphic Design, or Computer Science, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work experience.
8-10 years of related web design experience.
- Minimum five years html coding and troubleshooting skills;
- Very strong Cascading Style Sheet coding skills (CSS);
- Expert skill level with Adobe Web Suite Tools such as Photoshop, Dreamweaver;
- Drupal 7 experience — must understand CMS, some understanding of building specialized page views and themes;
- Experience with Adobe Dreamweaver, or comparable web page editing software;
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop CS3;
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat, especially 508 remediation and issue prevention;
- Thorough knowledge of web development methodologies and ability to apply them to meet client's needs;
- Should have strong background in content management system, configuration, use, and development;
- Very strong understanding and skill in coding 508 compliant web pages and remediating 508/accessibility issues;
- Very strong understanding and skill in manipulating PDF documents and correcting 508/accessibility errors;
- Ability to translate client's needs into wireframes and mockups;
- Must be highly detail oriented and possess mastery of the English language;
- Ability to work with client and adapt written content to web for press releases, campaigns, and special events;
- Excellent proof reading skills;
- Experience formatting non-standard documents in various formats—HTML, Word, Excel, PDF—whichever are most appropriate for viewing, printing, or downloading a particular piece of information;
- Experience with relational databases like Oracle is considered a plus;
- Moderate understanding of DNS and ftp issues;
- Moderate understanding of publishing tools such as QuarkXPress and InDesign;
Security Clearance Level
Security Clearance Basis
National Agency Check (NLC)
Security Clearance Polygraph
Job ID Number
Potential for Deployment
General Dynamics - IT - 2 years ago
General Dynamics Corporation (General Dynamics) offers a portfolio of products and services in business aviation; combat vehicles, weapons...