About the Role and Responsibilities
Location: Santa Clara, CA
About the Role:
As a Mobile Architect design and architect applications in the McAfee Mobile Product Development team. Work closely with Director of Engineering for Mobile products, engineers, other architects, and product management to explore and generate proof of concepts for new features in the mobile domain. Contribute to the technology strategy, roadmap and provide vision for product innovation.
- Design and develop client/UI applications for the various mobile operating systems
- Focus on the current McAfee End User Mobile product features, ratings to stay competitive in the market place and acceleration of product adoption into different segments.
- Influence adoption of mobile capabilities, standards, and principles within the mobile team and drive consistency of design and architecture across the team.
- Broad understanding of mobile industry trends and technology areas is needed.
Required Experience/Skills & Education:
- 10 to 15 years of software development experience
- Object oriented programming experience and should have been using languages like C++ and Java for more than 6 years
- Excellent programming skills, ability to apply design patterns to real problems
- Solid understanding of Andriod Development, iPhone/iPad Application development process, Blackberry Application and Symbian Application development
- Strong background in full lifecycle of mobile app projects - architecture, development, testing, deployment and configuration of Android, and iPhone mobile apps.
- Experience in using source code version control like Sub Version
- Ability to effectively communicate complex technical subjects to engineers, product managers, and executives. Should be a strong team player.
- Experience in mobile platform/product evaluation/assessment projects to identify, compare and contrast feature functionality
- Demonstrated experience with Cloud infrastructure.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and respond to changing requirements and environment.
Candidate should have Undergraduate or Graduate degree in Computer Science or a related field. Graduate degree in a similar field would be an asset.
1. Experience with Mobile Security products
2. Experience in Mobile Device Management tools and products is highly desirable
3. Experience in integrating mobile apps with enterprise through SOA
4. Experience with Mobile Enterprise App Platforms is preferred
5. Experience in modern software engineering processes like agile, test-driven development
McAfee, a wholly owned subsidiary of Intel Corporation (NASDAQ:INTC), is the world's largest dedicated security technology company. We are relentlessly focused on constantly finding new ways to keep our customers safe. Share your talents with us in the dynamic security industry, and experience the meaningful, interesting work that is waiting for you!
McAfee is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity!
Click here for full EEO statement.
Job: Software Development
Primary Location: NA-USA-CA-Santa Clara
Position Number: 877500
McAfee - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
McAfee puts a virtual padlock on IT resources. The company sells network security products that protect computers, networks, and mobile...