Technical Yahoo – Front End Developer, Tiger Team
The Yahoo! Tiger Team is a central engineering team focused on delivering against top priorities for the company. We work on a wide variety of projects from consumer facing sites (most recently Olympics and Y! News) to internal serving platforms (one of which recently handled 15k RPS). We are looking for bright, talented individuals that want to make a huge impact to the company. The Tiger Front-End engineer is a versatile position focusing around levels of the stack from the FE servers and up. You will be expected to have a deep understanding of coding, design, performance, and technologies—all things Front-End! Are you up for the challenge?
Required Skills / Experience
- Able to work in a dynamic environment
- Fast learner - can quickly come up to speed with different technologies
- Team player - can collaborate with and guide peers
- Must have a strong sense of commitment and responsibility
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have strong knowledge and keen interest in emerging tools and technologies in the industry
Excellent software design skills.
- BS in Computer Science (or equivalent experience) with 4 years or MS (or equivalent experience) in Computer Science with 2+ years of industry experience
- Must have strong knowledge of server-side scripting and/or high level languages such as PHP, Ruby, C++, Java, Python.
- Experience developing and deploying highly efficient, scalable web applications
- Excellent debugging and testing skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
Scrum and/or other Agile development experience.
- Proficiency in XML, XSLT, Unix administration, and shell scripting are pluses
- Regular expressions, Unix development experience, and Subversion management experience highly desired
- Database, SQL and MySQL (LAMP stack) experience are pluses
Yahoo! Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. For more information or to search all of our openings please visit
Yahoo! Inc. - 20 months ago
Yahoo! Inc. (Yahoo!), together with its consolidated subsidiaries, is a global Internet brand. Together with its owned and operated online...