Since 1968, ABC Laboratories has delivered expert scientific support to companies working to improve human and animal health. As a member of the ABC team, you’ll work alongside respected technical experts dedicated to scientific excellence in a process driven regulatory compliant environment. Our laboratories are modern. Our instrumentation is state of the art. And our business is thriving, creating important career opportunities. More than 400 people are building their careers with ABC Laboratories. See what it’s like to do what you love and love where you live! Visit www.abclabs.com to learn more about our company and our community.
The Principal Instrument Specialist conducts preventive maintenance and calibration of instruments and equipment at regular intervals, coordinates proper installation and qualification of new instruments, engages in troubleshooting and repair of equipment including requalification, maintains documentation for instruments and equipment including revising and authoring SOPs, supports documentation development for training records of staff.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and maintains preventive maintenance (PM) and calibration schedule and documentation.
- Performs selected calibration operations or coordinates and follows through on calibration operations performed by specialists, depending on complexity of the instrument/equipment.
- Coordinates the installation, operation and performance qualifications (IOPQ) for new instrumentation.
- Troubleshooting and repair of instruments, including coordination of vendor calls, with proper documentation and follow-through to return the instrument to active service by proper requalification.
- Develops, reviews, revise standard operating procedures (SOPs) associated with instrumentation and equipment.
- Trains technical staff in instrumental operations, SOPs, and proper documentation associated with instruments and equipment.
- Coordinate qualification of instrument operators in support of individual training records.
- Reviews scientific data to establish and/or validate instrumentation concerns.
- Works with Information Technology staff to trouble shoot instrumentation problems
- Works with service engineer to ensure prompt instrumentation repair.
- Maintains a user’s schedule or calendar for high-use instrumentation, as needed.
- Reviews, develops and updates Metrology standards.
- Performs other related duties as required and directed.
- Bachelor’s degree in scientific or technical area and eight years of comparable instrumentation, computerized equipment repair and calibration experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent with ten years comparable instrumentation experiences.
- Metrology experience
- Use and/or calibration of laboratory equipment
- Knowledge of laboratory safety, GLP documentation, PM scheduling, cGMP documentation and outsourcing
- Ability to rapidly learn a wide variety of instrument and equipment-specific software packages
ABC Laboratories regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Since 1968, ABC Laboratories has delivered expert scientific support to companies working to improve human and animal health.