Requisition ID: 53110
- Organization: OG&C
- Location: Houston, TX
- Plans, develops, coordinates and reviews facilities/process engineering work within Offshore business line, on a project or as assigned by supervisor.
- Supervises the day-to-day technical work of discipline engineers, designers and drafters.
- Provides coaching and development to less experienced engineers.
- Conducts annual performance reviews in accordance with approved procedures and holds career development discussions.
- When assigned, recommends personnel actions such as staff additions, terminations, transfers and salary changes.
- Prepares or oversees the preparation of discipline estimates and work plan in accordance with project scope, schedule and budget, and manages implementation and performance accordingly.
- Estimates staffing needs and schedules and assigns work to meet schedule dates.
- Coordinates with client representatives as delegated to obtain their approval on phases of work.
- Reviews and approves key engineering drawings and calculations, including field and design documents relating to the discipline.
- Coordinates assigned engineering work with other project groups.
- Ensures that engineers and designers supervised receive appropriate on-the-job training for their professional development.
- Promotes the creation of a work environment, supported by leadership, which fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
Knowledge of systems, calculations, equipment, applications of methods, materials, and computers in the Offshore Facilities/Process discipline.
Knowledge of engineering work planning and control methods.
Knowledge of precedents in the discipline and of principles and practices of related disciplines.
Knowledge of related construction practices and the economics involved.
Knowledge of industry /regulatory codes and standards, and design and/or layout criteria pertinent to the particular discipline.
Skill in oral and written communication.
Knowledge of Engineering Department Procedures (EDPs), Design Guides, appropriate Bechtel Standard Computer Applications (BSAPs) and administrative practices.
Demonstrated skill in leadership.
Knowledge of application and coordination of 2-D and 3-D Computer Aided Design (CAD) tools on a project.
The above is normally acquired through:
- A recognized degree (B.S., preferably M.S.) in an engineering or scientific discipline, usually Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering, from an accredited college or university, AND
- A professional license in an appropriate engineering or scientific discipline, from a recognized licensing board, or has the ability to obtain such a PE license within a year of employment, AND
- Broad progressive work experience in design engineering, science or other relevant types of engineering such as systems startup, field engineering or plant operation in offshore platforms, large industrial plants, utilities, process plants, or engineering/construction firms.
- Responsible for the activities on large complex offshore projects or multiple smaller offshore projects in Facilities/Process Engineering.
- Openly communicates with conviction and confidence in all technical and business matters throughout the company.
- Reviews significant bid summaries, major drawings and staffing estimates and schedules.
- Requires an extensive knowledge of industry and regulatory codes and standards, and design criteria pertinent to the particular discipline.
- Familiar with Gulf of Mexico offshore oil and gas standards and regulations
- Requires a thorough knowledge of Bechtel’s administrative practices and supervisory experience.
- Develops Design Basis criteria from piecemeal client information
- Develops and evaluates alternative processing concepts
- Competence in Process HYSYS Simulation
- Competence in offshore topside facilities PFDs and P&IDs design
- Experience with production systems within the offshore oil and gas industry
- Reviews and approves vendor quotations, drawings, and related submittals
- Plays an active role in HAZID’s and HAZOP’s
- Ensure key deliverables are subject to QA and QC processes
- Provides construction and startup assistance
- Interface experience with drilling, fabrication, installation, and hookup/commissioning
- Must be a proven team player, with the proven ability to follow through and meet project milestones
- Knowledge of all engineering disciplines, e.g. process, instrument and controls, electrical, structural, mechanical, and piping
- Understands RAM analysis
- Minimum of 10 years of meaningful upstream process engineering experience, preferably more, with at least 7 years of recent experience in the offshore industry, of which 3 years is in a supervisory/lead role.
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, procurement, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right- no matter how big, how complex or how remote. The reliability of our performance, the enduring quality of our projects, the strength of our ethics, and the seriousness of our commitment to safety and sustainability are evident in everything we do. Bechtel delivers for its customers what others can only promise.
Build your career as you build some of the most challenging and complex projects in the world today.
Bechtel is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE).
Bechtel (www.bechtel.com) is a global engineering, construction and project management company with more than a century of experience on...