Selected applicants will be subject to a Federal
background investigation and must meet eligibility
requirements for access to classified matter. U.S.
citizenship is required.
Knolls Atomic Power Laboratory
For more than 60 years, Knolls Atomic Power Laboratory
(KAPL), as part of the Naval Reactors Program has been
at the forefront of technological and operational
submarineinnovation. We have a proud tradition of
producing reactor plants for submarines and surface
ships that provide unprecedented endurance and power. We
also train the sailors who operate those plants. We are
a Program with cutting edge technology, high technical
standards and integrity. If you are interested in a
challenging career and working with some of the finest
technical people in the country, then explore your
future with the Naval Reactors Program. We know that you
will consider many factors when choosing where to work.
The Naval Reactors Program has much to offer, including
the opportunity to work with some of the brightest
engineers, scientists and professionals from a wide
spectrum of disciplines. Our management team will
challenge you to apply your skills, learn new things and
grow professionally and personally.
Project Manager, S8G Prototype Refueling Overhaul
Provide project management leadership for new
estimates and related planning activities in one or
- Lead and manage the development of project planning
more technical areas.
- Evaluate requests for scope, budget, or schedule
financial, and supply chain management activities
- Act as liaison ensuring coordination of engineering,
across the project.
performance metrics. Take action to correct
- Track project progress, develop and deliver project
deviations from plan.
disciplines, the Program Office, and all levels of
- Drive effective communications across technical
one or more technical functions.
- Coordinate project risk management activities across
Planning Office to share/leverage best practices and
- Interact with other Project Managers and the
- Establish and document program management processes
- Interact with line managers across the project's
- Develop/enhance project management tools and
To see this and other job openings at Knolls Atomic
Power Laboratory, please visit
minimum of 9 years of relevant experience.
- BS degree in engineering or project management with
schedule, and performance.
- Experience with program management metrics for cost,
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Project, and
Open Date : 2012-04-20 11:00:00
Date Required : 2012-06-29
Req. Code : 3710
# of Openings : 1
Other Skills : Experience with engineering projects
strongly desired. Ability to clearly and concisely
articulate issues and convey concerns and project
updates to all levels of the organization. Experience
with budget processes. LEAN/Six Sigma training. Risk
Offer Relocation : Yes
Exemption : Exempt
Whether the job is raising an entire city or razing a nuclear power plant, you can bet the Bechtel Group will be there to bid on the...