NORC at the University of Chicago seeks a Principal Research Analyst or Research Scientist with an educational background and/or substantial job experience in information architecture and website design for long-term consultation and evaluation projects on major federal health care websites. The projects are based in the Health Care Research Department in our Bethesda, Maryland office.
Specific tasks might include:
Website Organization : Develop analyses of how websites are organized, including organizational structures and logic, usability, navigation, labeling, search support, and visual design.
Testing : Develop wide range of UX testing protocols for websites, mobile applications, and e-tools, organizing testing initiatives, leading testing protocols, synthesizing findings over time, contributing to the development of the science of testing, and effectively disseminating findings to clients.
Content Management: Work with controlled vocabularies and indexing systems, including mastering, applying, and refining complex style guides. Experience with controlled vocabulary metadata a strong plus.
- Undergraduate degree from accredited college or university; Masters' degree preferred.
- Educational background or substantial job experience related to information architecture, website design, government websites, mobile communications, mobile applications, e-tools, video, and social media.
- Skilled in use of HTML, Visio, Photoshop, Microsoft Office
- Experience working with a Content Management System a plus.
- Understanding of deigning for 508 compliance
- Strong writing and oral/presentational communications skills required.
- Must be able to work well within a team and with clients. Will both lead and support tasks.
To review the benefits associated with this position, click here .
NORC at the University of Chicago is an independent research organization headquartered in downtown Chicago with additional offices on The University of Chicago's campus and in Washington, D.C. and Bethesda, Maryland. NORC also supports a nationwide field staff as well as international research operations. With clients throughout the world, NORC collaborates with government agencies, foundations, educational institutions, nonprofit organizations and businesses to provide the data and analysis that supports informed decision making in key areas including health, education, economics, crime, justice, energy, security, and the environment. NORC’s 70 years of leadership and experience in data collection, analysis, and dissemination—coupled with deep subject matter expertise—provides the foundation for effective solutions.
NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce.
National Opinion Research Center (NORC) - 30+ days ago