NORC at the University of Chicago is seeking a qualified Principal Research Analyst to support the Health Care Department. This position is responsible for providing research project support and task leadership on studies of moderate to high complexity. These responsibilities may include questionnaire design, specialized data collection procedures such as ethnographic, historical, or records synthesis, data editing and management; statistical analysis, and report and paper writing.
- Serve as task or team leader or provides support on work involving project design, data collection, data processing, and/or analysis and report or paper writing on moderate to high complexity assignments.
- Prepare literature reviews, written descriptions of data collection methodologies and procedures, leads design of simple questionnaires and data collection forms
- Develop data charts and tables for presentations at client and professional meetings and contribute to presentations.
- Prepare/draft of deliverables, including monthly or annual progress reports, documentation, questionnaires, and OMB clearance packages.
- Assist with overall analysis on specific items of survey or research analysis.
- Develop project materials, including reports, analytical evaluations, graphics and exhibits, as service as report editor.
- Assist with business development activities by drafting subsections of proposals, compiling data, and drafting charts or exhibits.
- Lead other staff on limited tasks.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors' Degree
- Social Science, Behavioral Science
- Graduate level understanding of quantitative analysis.
- Strong problem solving, project management skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- At least 5 years’ experience in positions of increasing responsibility in survey research or related field (or equivalent education).
- Solid technical writing skills.
- Strong proficiency with MS Office software.
- Occasional travel for site visits and meetings
NORC at the University of Chicago is an independent research organization headquartered in downtown Chicago with additional offices on The University of Chicago's campus and in Washington, D.C. and Bethesda, Maryland. NORC also supports a nationwide field staff as well as international research operations. With clients throughout the world, NORC collaborates with government agencies, foundations, educational institutions, nonprofit organizations and businesses to provide the data and analysis that supports informed decision making in key areas including health, education, economics, crime, justice, energy, security, and the environment. NORC’s 70 years of leadership and experience in data collection, analysis, and dissemination—coupled with deep subject matter expertise—provides the foundation for effective solutions.
NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce.