Manage and follow up and evaluate external research collaboration
Manage technology development projects both internally and externally
Perform research within hydraulic fracture design and operation
Perform research within methods for post hydraulic evaluations with interface to geological models and reservoir engineering
Perform research within next generation drilling and completion methods
Perform research within alternative fracturing methods including different fluid systems and proppants
Work in cross-disciplinary teams
Actively sharing knowledge and information
Develop and maintain good relationships towards both internal customers and contractors/vendors
Suggest and participate in improvements/development of guidelines, systems and methods used within area of responsibility
Apply and assure compliance with Statoil management system
- Master's degree specific to shale drilling, completion, fracturing or production technology
- Strong interest in research, development and innovation for shale reservoirs
- 10-15 years of experience working on assets or research projects in the drilling and well shale operation (specifically in completions, fracturing or reservoir technology)
- US work authorization
- Experience working with reservoir modelling
Statoil offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package. Statoil is an equal opportunity employer.
- The successful candidate will be highly motivated with excellent interpersonal, communication and knowledge sharing skills combined with the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- To succeed in this position it is critical that you enjoy working with other technical specialists in your own field and also those that you interface with, petroleum technology disciplines and health safety and environmental discipline
- To enjoy working in this position you will need to be comfortable working within multidisciplinary teams and additionally as an extended team member on varied short and long term projects
Our values are to be courageous, open, hands-on and caring. We believe in these qualities, which are essential for building an even stronger Statoil. If you can identify with them, you could be the one to strengthen our team.
Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process.
Statoil - 23 months ago
Statoil ASA (Statoil), formerly StatoilHydro ASA is an integrated energy company based in Norway with locations in approximately 40 other...