Principal Scientist – Diagnostics
MRIGlobal’s Global Health and Security (GHS) Operations, Diagnostics Division is seeking a recognized leader in the clinical diagnostics area to work in our Florida location.
In this position the successful candidate for Principal Scientist will be expected to be experienced in the following areas:
Job Responsibilities – The Principal Scientist will work with a team of scientists to provide technical leadership and guidance to junior staff while pursuing new business opportunities. This position will serve as a primary interface between clients and MRIGlobal and lead generation of proposals and technical reports. Additional responsibilities include
- Previous experience with and strong background in IVD Product Development. Articles in peer reviewed journals and demonstration of Product Development success, a plus.
- Preferred technical background in Infectious Disease or Oncology
- Knowledge of and/or experience with Quality Systems (e.g. CLIA, GLP, cGMP) as well as applicable federal regulatory processes (e.g. FDA 510(k)).
- Developing and implementing Design Controls
- Broad knowledge and understanding of IVD Product Development R&D through verification and validation
- Strong Molecular Biology skills to complement MRIGlobal focus in molecular diagnostics. Broad experience with biotechnologies supporting IVD, Infectious Disease, Oncology, real-time PCR, next generation sequencing, FISH and Immunohistochemistry (IHC).
- Client and customer interaction as well as the preparation and delivery of presentations, project progress and results.
- Technical management activities including training and/or direct the work of other staff in the conduct of research projects to successfully deliver on time, on budget and quality products to our customers.
- Leveraging relationships with strategic clients to develop new, and increase current business in Clinical Diagnostics/Molecular Diagnostics/IVD research and product development (Global Health and Security).
- Serving as a Principal Investigator to manage projects and serve in a Business Development actively marketing for new business opportunities and leading preparation of proposals and technical reports.
- Manage, conduct and/or participate in project tasks with minimum supervision and within time and budget constraints. Manage, as assigned, projects that may involve multiple divisions/lines of business.
- Produce written and verbal technical as well as market reports based on research, correlation, and analysis.
- Achieve high technical quality in assigned projects.
- Willingness to travel approximately 10% of time primarily within the United States
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- Ph.D. in Biology, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Immunology, Chemistry or other related study area and a minimum 10 years of appropriate related experience; M.S. in Biology, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Immunology, Chemistry and a minimum 12 years of related experience; B.S. in Biology, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Immunology, Chemistry and minimum 18 years of related experience; or appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work independently. Must be detail oriented.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with the contract research business is a plus, federal regulations (e.g. FDA 510(k)) is a plus, proposal writing, project management, and instrumentation is desired.
- Proficient PC skills and ability to learn new software and systems.
- Leadership abilities with strong problem solving aptitude. Ability to assess a project group’s talent by examining individual capabilities and skill levels.
- Ability to work effectively in a team-based environment by communicating expectations, assessing client needs, gaining acceptance of an idea/plan/activity/product, and interactions with technical staff at all levels
- Establishes a course of action to accomplish a specific project or goal; plans proper assignments of personnel and appropriate allocation of resources; determines schedule of events; communicates expectations about tasks and deadlines; develops contingency plans.
- Proven leadership qualities, including experience with personnel, budgets, programs, schedules, and safety requirements.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Well organized and methodical, yet flexible in adjusting priorities, and able to take risks to accomplish goals.
- Ability to organize activities and focus on priority goals and problem areas.
- Willingness to work some evenings and weekends as needed to meet specific milestones
MRIGlobal - 2 years ago
Founded in 1944, our company has built a reputation for innovation, technical excellence, and problem solving.
Born out of the desire to...