The successful candidate will contribute to the
team-based execution of projects in the discipline of
manufacturing process development. The products to be
manufactured are recombinant biopharmaceutical proteins
and the individual will have demonstrated expertise in
microbial fermentation or mammalian cell culture. This
position will be primarily responsible for developing
scaleable and reproducible bioprocesses and for
supporting technical execution in manufacturing. This
position will contribute to the execution of multiple
projects in various stages of development or tech
transfer utilizing platform processes as appropriate
during process development.
In this position, you will be responsible for complex
projects. You will supervise the daily aspects within
specific projects, design multiple components of the
project, ensure integration of all project components,
have broad technical competence and responsibility, act
as group leader and project technical lead, and manage
meeting deliverables internally and externally.
Main areas of responsibility include:
good manufacturing fit.
- Developing robust processes that scale well with
manufacturing ensuring floor support for campaign
- Tech transfer of development projects into
logical data based conclusions with applicability to
- Experimental design, analysis of data, drawing
project decisions. Providing regular internal and
equipment including troubleshooting.
- Proficiency with microbial fermentation/cell culture
- Maintenance of lab facility, equipment upkeep and
process validation support for late stage products.
- Execution of process characterization studies with
Provide routine manufacturing support for yield
trending and troubleshooting of late stage
development, continual improvement and training.
- Active group management with emphasis on employee
biopharmaceutical industry and the introduction of
- Keeping abreast of changing technologies in the
new methodologies to the development and
wide and industry meetings.
- Presentation of development activities at company
budgets and timelines are met
- Ensuring development and tech transfer project
Required Education and Experience:
Biochemistry, Microbiology, Chemical Eng, Bioeng,
- Degree in engineering or life sciences (Biology,
Biotechnology): Ph.D with 7+ years, MS with 10+
years or BS + 12+ years of relevant industrial
experience in bioprocess development.
culture/microbial fermentation and have proven
- Must have hands on experience running cell
expertise in area of study.
scientific studies with technical excellence and
- Must have demonstrated ability to design and execute
transfer/scale-up experience is required.
- An understanding of manufacturing fit and tech
a fast-paced CMO environment.
- Must be able to develop and execute scope of work in
record of publications and/or presentations is
- Recognition in the scientific community through a
FUJIFILM Diosynth is an equal opportunity employer,
FujiFilm Diosynth Biotechnologies - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard