Manhattan Associates continues to deliver on its 22-year heritage of providing global supply chain excellence to more than 1,200 customers worldwide that consider supply chain optimization core to their strategic market leadership. The company's supply chain innovations include: Manhattan SCOPE® a portfolio of software solutions and technology that leverages a Supply Chain Process Platform to help organizations optimize their supply chains from planning through execution; Manhattan SCALE™, a portfolio of distribution management and transportation management solutions built on Microsoft. NET technology; and Manhattan Carrier™, a suite of supply chain solutions specifically addressing the needs of the motor carrier industry. For more information, please visit www.manh.com.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Our Principal Support Analyst in a post-implementation environment interacting with clients, consulting services and the product development team.
Tasks include remotely debugging code problems, investigating data issues, developing code changes in the function of warehouse management software.
Approximately 50% of the time will be spent in the investigation and recreation of client problems through debugging, code review, and SQL query to arrive at solutions.
Additional responsibilities include technical design and technical quality review as experience grows.
- Uses programming and technical knowledge to design and develop modifications, and can execute programming tasks both efficiently and with a high degree of quality.
- Has willingness to understand both product technology and functionality in order to develop highly functional modifications.
- Has willingness to work in a collaborative workflow process where multiple people participate in varying roles on one task (e.g. designer, programmer, and tester).
- Has excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work with our clients.
- Remains on top of technology changes in the operating system, programming languages, databases, etc.
- Understand the customer’s business requirements, matching them to our software’s functionality.
- Develop and execute test cases for software modifications.
- Ensure successful support resulting in a reference-able client.
- Manage client relations by providing business and systems expertise.
5-7+ years overall packaged software experience in development, implementation and/or support capacity; supply chain, warehouse management software preferred
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or related technical degree.
Minimum of 5-7 years of relevant experience in the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- 5+ years of experience in Java/J2EE and OOAD; 6 months+ of CORBA experience.
- 5+ years of UNIX and Windows based development experience.
- Oracle or MS SQL Server Database experience required
- Conversant with Rational Rose / STL / Rogue Ware / Purify / XML
7+ Years’ experience working with Java/J2EE
Practical experience with C++
Manhattan Associates is at the forefront of the most innovative technologies, in a business casual environment that provides plenty of opportunity for growth. We pride ourselves on promoting a culture that encourages open minds, fosters superior communication and creates new possibilities. Manhattan Associates is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. In the United States, Manhattan Associates participates in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) operated by the Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration. Participation in the E-Verify Program allows Manhattan Associates to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees after the Employment Eligibility Verification Form (Form I-9) has been completed.
- Practical experience with J2EE technologies.
- Working familiarity with AIX, Redhat Linux and Windows Operating Systems.
- Working familiarity with Application Servers like WebSphere and JBOSS.
- Working familiarity with SQL and RDBMS like Oracle or SQL server or DB2 a plus.
- Working familiarity with Eclipse, Webmethods, JSF a plus.
- Self-motivated, industrious and has the ability to juggle multiple projects/tasks simultaneously.
- Windows based development experience is desirable.
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task.
- Experience with Warehouse Management Systems and/ or Labor Management Systems is highly desirable.
- Experience developing SQL's for troubleshooting purposes.
- Strong oral and written communication with the ability to train end users.
- Strong focus on leadership and customer satisfaction.
- Ability to learn new technologies.
- Average travel to 10%
Manhattan Associates - 2 years ago
Manhattan Associates serves up a cocktail of supply chain management software and systems, sans cherry. It provides customers in the...