This position provides a very high degree of technical knowledge in application systems development, and provides technical consultative advice and instruction to departmental and non-departmental personnel.
Responsibilities include the design, development, testing, and documentation of complex application business solutions. Activities include investigating, identifying, and resolving complex business application system issues and proposed functional changes.
· Research and recommend changes where technology can be leveraged within the overall application environment to improve efficiency, lower costs, and enhance the quality of business applications.
· Assist management in making strategic decisions regarding software and hardware use. Participate in the early stages of large project development to ensure consistent approaches in the technical design across projects/programs.
· Develop and apply theories and methods to solve complex technical problems. Develop, test, and debug programs of difficult complexity.
· Lead technical personnel in the design development and deployment of custom applications.
· Accountable for maintaining and monitoring adherence to architecture, design, and coding principles.
· Drive the continual improvement of design and development standards and processes.
· Reports adherence of development standards and processes to IT leadership.
· Coordinate technical initiatives across departments/portfolios.
· Mentor developers in the interpretation of architectural principal and in the application of technologies.
· Participate in the System Development Life Cycle process: documenting requirements, creating functional specifications, creating detailed design documentation, implementation and support.
· Analyze, define, and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware, operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks and controls, and outputs.
· Assist technical support staff on the use of application systems software as needed. Assist and mentor less experienced staff in, coding, testing, and debugging.
· Maintain regular written communications on project status with Team lead and IT management.
· Troubleshoot production problems within assigned software applications.
· Represent IT department on interdepartmental development teams.
· Other duties as assigned
Basic Qualifications :
1. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent; or equivalent work experience
2. 13 years extensive technical experience in a variety of IT areas, including:
o 5+ years experience real-time interactive i-Series RPG and 5+ years experience with batch systems.
o 5+years of systems analysis experience
o 5+ years of application development in complex applications using Cobol or RPG with preference given to those with ILE experience
o 5+ years architecting system solutions for cross-platform environments, including documentation and presentation of these solutions
1. Advanced knowledge of RPG and iSeries concepts including:
a. Strong data modeling skills with demonstrated ability to analyze, define, and implement enhancements to a data model. Specifically, this includes the specification of file types, field attributes, and database relations
b. Demonstrated ability to translate systems requirements into functional program specifications
c. Ability to effectively communicate the impact of proposed business requirements to system models and processing
d. Advanced knowledge of iSeries processing related to commitment control, trigger files, access paths, CL, job queues, data queues, communications utilities, etc.
e. Prefer strong familiarity with additional iSeries developer tools including DBU, Query, and SQL,
2. Experience with developing with SOA principles.
3. Strong problem solving and business analysis skills
4. Prefer expert understanding of the IBM iSeries, computer software, hardware, and database concepts and issues.
5. Prefer solid technical writing experience including the development of technical documents and proposals.
6. Strong estimating skills
7. Prefer ability to mentor and lead small technical teams through design walkthroughs, code reviews, unit and system tests
8. Understanding of various platforms (i.e. mainframe, mid-frame, windows, Unix, MQ, Websphere... and communication methods between them a plus
9. Prefer PBM or Healthcare experience
Prime's fast-paced and dynamic work environment is ideal for proactively addressing the constant changes in the health care industry. Our employees are involved, empowered, and rewarded for their achievements. We value new ideas and work collaboratively to provide the highest quality of care and service to our members.
If you are looking to advance your career within a growing and team-oriented company, apply to Prime today and start making a difference.
We are proud to be an EOE/AA employer. We maintain a drug-free and tobacco-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Prime Therapeutics - 22 months ago
Prime Therapeutics (Prime) is a thought leader in pharmacy benefit management. We help clients make smart health care management decisions...