Technology / Information Technology;
Disney Technology Solutions & Services (DTSS) is responsible for technology strategy and management, central engineering, architecture, IT and technical operations for The Walt Disney Company including virtual worlds, flagship Web sites Disney.com, Disney Family.com, ABC.com and ESPN.com. DTSS provides services in both platform engineering and web operations. Platform engineering includes Content Management Systems, UGC Enforcement Platform, E-commerce, Video Distribution Technology, Registration, Advertising Systems and Data Warehouse & Reporting. The DTSS web operations teams focus on Servers & Hosting and Network Connectivity. DTSS teams are located in Seattle, Bristol, N. Hollywood, Glendale, New York, Burbank, and Orlando.
- Leading team of talented SAP Infrastructure Architects, including Basis/NetWeaver Administration, Security and Middleware resources.
- Serving as the single point of contact for stakeholders requesting SAP infrastructure resources and guidance.
- Facilitating communication to, and serving in an advisory capacity for, outsourced operational support organization.
- Serving as channel for communication between outsourcer and senior TWDC executives in times of unplanned critical application outages.
- Participating in strategic road mapping efforts in conjunction with other infrastructure teams, as well as application teams and business segment representatives.
- Serving as technical lead on various SAP-related projects, including new implementations, upgrades, enhancements and improvements.
- Developing and presenting business cases for advancing the SAP application infrastructure within TWDC.
- Supports and advises on the development of processes and procedures to manage SAP applications based on industry best practices.
- Managing project load and forecasting resource requirements for internal infrastructure resources.
- Maintaining currency of SAP technical skills and cross-training with other team members.
- Perform or participate in periodic reviews of outsourced functions including technologies, systems and processes.
- Using a service-based approach for delivery of value to SAP infrastructure team stakeholders.
- Proven experience and strong understanding of Technology Architecture and IT infrastructure planning for at least 5 years.
- Proven experience and strong understanding of Outsourcing and Supplier/Vendor Management.
- Proven experience and strong understanding of structured Project Management
- Thorough understanding of SAP application architecture, including ABAP and Java technologies, as well as interaction with database, network, end user, middleware, job schedulers.
- Knowledge of database administration and tuning procedures specific to both OLTP and OLAP applications.
- Experience supporting and tuning applications running on Unix operating systems.
- Knowledge of Web Dynpro ABAP and Web Dynpro Java transactions, methods of access and communication.
- Experience with methodologies and practices for effective and successful support organizations.
- Understanding of technical frameworks and enterprise architecture principles and practices.
- Familiarity with proactive monitoring and alerting tools, capabilities and benefits.
- Experience with implementing and supporting various forms of disaster recovery and business continuity plans.
- Ability to work effectively with little supervision, and to guide other team members.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, when working with technical as well as non-technical audiences.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects in an environment capable of rapidly-changing priorities.
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships across various levels of management, with teams in multiple organizations, including TWDC, and outsourcing partners.
- Experience working closely with all levels of SAP support, development and consulting resources.
- Familiarity with SAP change control and change management practices.
- Experience leading a team of Basis/NetWeaver Architect professionals.
- Experience with administration and tuning of IBM DB2 LUW.
- Experience with supporting applications and databases running on IBM AIX and Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Experience designing systems, frameworks and processes for deploying and supporting SAP applications.
- Understanding of performance and load testing practices for standard SAP transactions.
- ITIL V3 Certification.
- Project Management Certification.
- Understanding of ABAP and Java programming languages, how to code, tune and troubleshoot.
- Understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Understanding of PCI and PII security requirements.
- Experience with encryption of database and communication channels to support security requirements.
- Implementation experience with SAP Solution Manager, CA/Wily Introscope, HP OpenView, and other common monitoring and alerting platforms.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in an Engineering or Computer Science discipline
Job Posting Industries
This position is with the legal entity Disney Worldwide Services.
iCIMS Social Distribution
- 2 years ago - save job