Role: Principle Systems Analyst
Location: Bothell, WA
Duration: Long Term
The Systems Analyst 5 provides technical system design recommendations to meet business and functional requirements. This position relies on the Business Systems Analyst and, in some cases, on the Architect or Technical Administrator for input into implementation of the technical design.
Position Duties and Responsibilities -
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Collect information to analyze and evaluate existing or developed Client’s applications or systems, prepare detailed flow charts and diagrams outlining systems capabilities and processes. Translate business and user requirements into accurate system requirements specification documents through systems and data analysis
• Coordinate and manage project Change Requests. Communicate effectively to keep business, IT and project personnel up to date
• Ability to estimate task and workload to achieve deliverables and goals, delivering on time and on estimation
• Interacts regularly with Business Analysts, Architects, Developers, Application Support and Operations
• Assist in definition, design, and management of Enterprise Architecture components and low-level technical Architecture design documents.
• Utilize departmental Software Development Lifecycle Methodology as a guide for analyst activities.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Contribute to and work to meet project schedules by providing accurate estimates of effort required for analyst and development deliverables, by providing updates on project progress to team members, project management and project personnel, and by escalating issues that might affect project success to management.
• Maintain technical skills and expertise through continuing education and training.
• Collaborate/Partner with other teams including Enterprise Testing, Release Planning and Management, Development, Project Management, and Application Support on successful delivery of systems enhancements.
• Provide on call and after hours support as required for production releases.
• Minimum 5 years of development and analysis experience of medium to large-scale projects
• Minimum 5 years of experience designing and supporting complex multi-tiered applications
• Working knowledge of UML, SQL, JMS, SOAP/WSDL
• 1 -2 years experience with Java and/or C++, XML
• Experience with integration platforms such as Tibco, WebMethods, MQ Series, Vitria, Weblogic Integration Platform a plus
• Must possess strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent communication and documentation skills are required
• Ability to handle multiple concurrent activities and projects
• Must possess solid project management skills and minimum 3 years leading small to medium-sized projects
• Strong working knowledge of SDLC practices and procedures
• Experience with multiple functional areas including billing and retail a plus
• Experience working with at least 3 business applications/systems
• Experience providing tier 4 production support
• Application Development background required. This is a technically focused position and generally seen as a progression from a Development role.
• Knowledge of Client’s applications and systems a plus
• Knowledge of wireless industry a plus
• Experience mentoring other members of analyst/development staff
Education and Experience
A bachelor’s degree in business, computer science or management information systems or equivalent experience (5 years minimum related experience/training preferred).
IDHASOFT - 2 years ago