The Prior Learning Assessment Evaluator (PLAE) is responsible for designing coherent degree plans for students enrolled in degree programs based on the student’s Prior Learning history and ability to complete other Prior Learning options. The PLAE is responsible for the evaluation of all Prior Learning and its application to the student’s degree plan while ensuring all graduation requirements will be fulfilled. The PLAE provides a high-level of customer service both internally as well as to students. Effective interdepartmental communication is required to ensure proper program placement and that the degree plan best fits the student personally, professionally and academically.
- Evaluate all potentially credit-worthy documents as they arrive: college/military transcripts, standardized Assessments, documentation of experiential Learningand professional certifications
- Counsel students on non-traditional methods of fulfilling degree requirements
- Utilize internal systems to ensure degree plans are accurate and accessible on the Virtual Campus detailing courses to be taken as well as how all degree requirements will be fulfilled
- Communicate degree plan updates to key stakeholders as they are made
- Continuously modify degree plans including but not limited to requested program changes, pace changes and application of additional credit
- Provide outstanding internal and external customer service by responding to all inquiries in a timely manner and maintaining availability for student questions during designated department hours
- Actively participate in professional development at the departmental level by carrying out special projects as assigned and contributing proactively to the department’s efforts for continuous improvement
- Maintain compliance with external standards, internal policies and accuracy benchmarks
- Work flexible schedule, including nights and weekends which may include working more than 40 hours per week to meet the needs of students
- 8am to 5pm, 4 days per week and 1 day from 10 am 7pm along with weekend rotation 1 per month.
- Summer hours every other Friday working 1/2 day. Hrs to be made up during the week.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and other Windows based programs
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state regulations and accrediting agencies standards preferred
- Candidate must have obtained at least a conferred Bachelor Degree from a Council for Higher Education (CHEA) accredited institution required.
- Strong customer service background and database experience
- Prior experience in student services preferred
Colorado Technical University - 6 months ago
Career Education Corporation (CEC) has made a career of handing out diplomas. The for-profit company owns and operates about 90 domestic and...