PhD student with strong Security and Privacy background
About the Job:
The Security & Privacy Group at PARC is looking for PhD interns to conduct cutting-edge research on Privacy-Enhancing Technologies (PETs).
Interns will work on some of the following topics:
Responsibilities, depending on the project, may include:
- Enhancing privacy in Big Data and analytics
- Economics of Privacy and game-theoretical approaches to Privacy
- Privacy in Healthcare, Biotechnology, and Genomics applications
- Privacy-oriented Cryptography for Cloud Computing and Information Sharing/Retrieval
- Privacy in location-based services and mobile applications
- Privacy-enhanced access control, authentication, and identity management
- Privacy in next-generation Internet architectures
- Familiarizing with existing privacy-enhancing technologies in the field and identifying open problems
- Collaborating with researchers in other areas, such as, networking, ethnography, machine learning, bioinformatics
- Perform a threat analysis and formalizing adversarial model
- Perform user studies and produce qualitative analysis
- Implement proposed technologies in a format that is easily presentable to clients, academia, and the open source community.
The ideal intern will possess:
- Strong Security and Privacy background
- Ability to perform research work
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Previous experience (and ongoing interest) in writing a high quality research paper
PARC, a Xerox company, is in the Business of Breakthroughs®. Practicing open innovation, we provide custom R&D services, technology, expertise, best practices, and intellectual property to Fortune 500 and Global 1000 companies, startups, and government agencies and partners. We create new business options, accelerate time to market, augment internal capabilities, and reduce risk for our clients.
Since its inception, PARC has pioneered many technology platforms – from the Ethernet and laser printing to the GUI and ubiquitous computing – and has enabled the creation of many industries. Incorporated as an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Xerox in 2002, PARC today continues the research that enables breakthroughs for our clients' businesses.
As one of the most prolific innovation centers in the world, PARC offers an exceptional internship experience. Considered valuable members of our community, interns are fully integrated into the daily activities of PARC's highly collaborative, multidisciplinary culture.
For more information on the PARC internship program visit http://www.parc.com/internship
PARC, a Xerox company - 15 months ago