JPMorgan Private Banking
Private Bank Analyst
JP Morgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of more than $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. We serve millions of U.S. consumers and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients. We are a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in asset and wealth management services. We serve four distinct client groups through three businesses: institutions and retail clients through J.P. Morgan Asset Management; ultra high net worth clients through the Private Bank; and high net worth clients through Private Wealth Management. With assets under supervision of $1.7 trillion and assets under management of $1.2 trillion, we are one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world.
J.P. Morgan Private Banking, which includes both the Ultra High Net Worth and High Net Worth businesses, offers individuals and families personalized, comprehensive financial solutions that integrate sophisticated investment management, capital markets, trust and banking capabilities. We have more than 1,800 client advisors in 120 offices in 11 countries and 25 states.
The Private Bank Analyst Program is a three-year, non-rotational placement. Analysts join either regional banking or product specialist teams. They are expected to develop a thorough understanding of the private banking platform and become experts in the use of relevant proprietary tools. Seasoned Analysts are generally offered more client contact and fewer administrative tasks, and are expected to train new Analysts beyond the initial Training Program.
Assist in Prospect Research:
Tailor pitches/presentations and marketing letters.
- Independently identify prospects by looking for transition events in the financial statements/media/internet/Bloomberg/etc.
- Research and review SEC documents (DEF 14A, S-1, Proxies, etc.)
Service existing clients.
- Work closely with marketers to create tailored client pitches and/or letters
- Modify presentations from marketing database; order production of books and supervise completion of production requests
Generate regional strategy, revenue and AUM reports.
- Compile portfolio review reports and ARMs; revalue cashflows, consolidate account information, compile performance data, identify performance benchmarks
- Send monthly composite performance information to intermediaries if applicable
Run propriety analytical and asset allocation tools for Bankers, Salestraders, Portfolio Managers and Wealth Advisors.
- Assist in strategic regional planning
- Consolidate revenue and expense information for use by regional management
Maintain network of contacts in other regions and product teams.
- Proficiency at using Compas, MAPS, CHART, Siebel, AssetView, Morgan Online, CRT/CDIT/GRAT/GRIT/GST models and any other relevant databases
- Ability and flexibility to alter models/systems to fit given situation
- Maintain contact with product analysts who can help tailor presentations to specific client needs without banker making the request
We seek candidates with strong analytical skills who can use both qualitative and quantitative tools to analyze complex financial situations. You should also have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and work well as an integral member of a team, as well as the initiative, energy and confidence to complete projects with limited supervision. Judgment and discretion in working with highly confidential information are also critical.
Candidates must have a minimum GPA of 3.2.
JPMorgan Chase is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V.
JPMorgan Chase offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
US-NY-New York-270 Park Avenue / 02317
Asset & Wealth Management
At JPMorgan Chase, the work we do matters. All of us are committed to putting our resources and our voices to work every day for our...