Highland Capital Management, L.P. is an SEC-registered alternative investment management firm with approximately $19 billion in assets under management. The firm was founded by Jim Dondero and Mark Okada in 1993 and today, is one of the largest and most experienced global alternative fixed income managers. In addition to its business of managing bank loans, high yield credit and distressed debt, Highland’s other core strategies include credit hedge funds, distressed private equity, long/short equity and real assets. Highland is headquartered in Dallas, Texas with offices in New York, London, Singapore and Seoul. Despite its size and global reach, Highland remains an entrepreneurial company that fosters internal growth and entrepreneurship.
Highland is seeking a top-performing pre or post-MBA investment professional to join its Private Equity team in Dallas, Texas. Highland’s Private Equity team focuses on middle market distressed / special situation investment opportunities across the capital structure (distressed debt for control, distressed private equity, etc.). The Analyst / Associate will assist in all aspects of the investment and restructuring process. Please apply only if you already live in, or are interested in relocating to Dallas.
- Work with investment banks, industry experts and other intermediaries to identify potential investment opportunities
- Take a leading role in the evaluation, diligence, structuring and negotiation of potential investments
- Communicate investment opportunities, merits and risks to the most senior members of the firm
- Assist external counsel and Highland’s internal Restructuring team to successfully restructure distressed debt investments
- Work with senior operating professionals and portfolio company management to identify and implement value creation projects and perform dividend recapitalizations and exits
- Perform various support projects for the Private Equity team including building and updating portfolio company valuations, crafting investor update documents, etc.
- 2-8 years post-undergrad experience at a top-tier investment bank, restructuring firm or private equity firm
- An undergraduate degree or MBA from a top-tier school
- Strong analytical and financial acumen, outstanding modeling skills and solid business judgment
- Superior, verifiable track record of performance
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, writing and presentation skills
- Strong work ethic
- Must desire to live and work in Dallas, TX
- Consideration will only be given to candidates who meet the above qualifications
Compensation & Benefits
Highland offers a competitive base salary and discretionary bonus based on performance. Highland has an industry leading health insurance plan with no premiums or deductibles. Highland’s talented professionals share a passion for excellence, commitment to team work, and pride based on the firm’s track record in the alternative investment industry. Highland is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Highland Capital Management, L.P. - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard