The Claims Representative interacts with insurance company representatives, Medicare representatives and clients to ensure DME supplies orders are paid timely.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Verifies all write-offs for accuracy and verifies what to do if there are questions regarding the write off.
- Accurately post Medicare and private insurance payments to patient’s accounts.
- Accurately processes all cancellations and enters recoupments into patient’s account.
- Effectively demonstrates knowledge of the techniques, skills, equipment, procedures, and/or materials to do all phases of the job.
- Abides by all departmental and company policies and procedures in an effective and efficient manner.
- Demonstrates ability to use logical decision making skills; thinks before acting and making decisions related to job responsibilities.
- Demonstrates the ability to meet deadlines is a self-starter and requires minimal supervision to accomplish such.
- Abides by the attendance policy as evidenced by punctuality and conformity with work schedules.
OTHER DUTIES AS AND WHEN REQUIRED
- Makes systematic progress toward completion of all assigned projects and are able to provide timely, accurate responses about a project’s status.
- Demonstrates the willingness to learn new tasks and procedures, evidenced by the speed with which new skills, tasks, and methods are mastered and grasps explanation, then retains knowledge.
- Tactfulness, helpfulness and courtesy to the public and/or co-workers on a consistent basis.
- Demonstrates a “team player” mentality.
- Attends 80% of Company required in-services.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Previous experience in DME billing and/or claims preferred.
- At least 1 year experience in the operation of basic office equipment to include 10-key calculator, fax machine, and photocopier required.
- Typing skills of at least 45 wpm preferred
- At least 6 months experience of computer operation preferred.
Only applicants that meet the above requirements will be contacted by the company for further consideration.
Indeed - 18 months ago