Baird is an employee-owned, international wealth management, capital markets, private equity and asset management firm with offices in the United States, Europe and Asia. Established in 1919, Baird has more than 2,700 associates serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and municipal clients. Baird has $99 billion in client assets.
Committed to being a great place to work, Baird ranked No. 14 on FORTUNE’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” in 2013 – its tenth consecutive year on the list. Baird’s principal operating subsidiaries are Robert W. Baird & Co. in the United States and Robert W. Baird Group Ltd. in Europe. Baird also has an operating subsidiary in Asia supporting Baird’s investment banking and private equity operations. For more information, please visit Baird’s Web site at www.rwbaird.com.
OUR INTERN PROGRAM:
Our intern program is a robust experience that offers interns exposure to the business world and a meaningful work experience. Baird’s intern program includes an Intern Welcome Event in our corporate office in Milwaukee, WI. Our interns have the opportunity to use a Baird Cares Day and get paid to volunteer in the community. They are also eligible to apply for $10,000 in scholarships. Our formal mentor program gives interns an opportunity to network throughout Baird and learn about all the areas of the firm.
Full time summer 2013, working 37.5 hours per week
This position assists in executing Baird’s Mission to provide the best financial advice and service to our clients and be the best place to work for our associates.
We are looking for an energetic, motivated Private Wealth Management Intern to work with a highly-skilled team of Client Relationship Associates and Financial Advisors. This is a great opportunity to get exposure to different aspects of Financial Services, with a focus on Private Wealth Management.
We would like an intern that is open to learning about our wealth management process, operationally and conceptually. A basic understanding of financial markets, equities, bonds, ETFs, etc. would be very beneficial to help maximize the program.
As a PWM Intern you will be exposed to basic wealth management tenants such as asset allocation, portfolio selection, financial planning, insurance and estate planning and client service models. You will learn to use the tools and processes available within the firm to create a more scalable business model for the team. Gain experience in analyzing market niches and how to approach those niches to grow a holistic wealth management practice. Learn and create ways to utilize the internet and social media to research prospective local companies to prospect. And lastly, gain experience working in a professional, fast paced, high impact work environment.
• Assist with answering phones and responding to basic client questions and forwards more advanced calls to Client Relationship Associate or Financial Advisors for handling
• Process paperwork and documents necessary to assist others in the department
• Schedules various meetings, conference calls, etc. for Financial Advisors
• Assist with various projects from Financial Advisors (i.e. helping transition new teams to Baird, research companies or stocks, assist with coordinating client events and attend branch meetings)
• Create various Excel spreadsheets
• Perform filing and copy projects
• Perform additional duties and assist with projects as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRMENTS:
• Rising Junior/Senior in college pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Personal Finance, Business, or Marketing preferred. GPA of 3.0 or higher mandatory.
• Interest in a career in Wealth Management with prior entrepreneurial experience
• Detail oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must have a professional and positive attitude
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Visio) and Windows.
• A basic understanding of financial markets, equities, bonds, ETFs, etc. would be very beneficial to help maximize the program
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this internship please apply online at www.bairdcareers.com Thank you for your interest. Baird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Robert W. Baird - 22 months ago
Employee-owned Robert W. Baird & Co. brings midwestern sensibility to the high-flying world of investment banking. The company offers...