Proofpoint is looking for a proactive, responsible, highly motivated Professional Services Engineer to join our team.
The role will demand interaction with the technical staff of large-scale enterprises as well as Engineering and Operations staff within Proofpoint. The individual will work with the Proofpoint Professional Services Consultant leading the implementation of new customers. The successful candidate will have sound technical experience and skills, blended with strong interpersonal and communication skills. They must be able to take responsibility and accept accountability for successful customer engagements and partner technical relationships.
This is a highly technical role that requires good knowledge of the Linux and Windows operating systems, good knowledge of MySQL and Perl scripting, good knowledge of PST files, as well as a background in email. Resolving issues routinely requires complex product and infrastructure configurations, problem troubleshooting and isolation, performance tuning and optimization, escalating product defects and driving them towards resolution while managing the customer expectations.
- Engage with newly signed enterprise archive and governance customers as an expert in the technology
- Drive high levels of customer satisfaction
- Coordinate with multiple parties -- internal departments as well as the customer -- to ensure timely and satisfactory resolution to technical issues, and completion of projects
- Create user interface screens for specific customer deployments
- Configure system, user accounts, and import user information from Active Directory
- Regularly meet with Engineering and Product Management to review feature requirements and to review current issues
- Manage environments with hundreds of Windows and Linux based servers
- Strong project management skills with a high attention to detail
- Experience in large systems design and project implementation for enterprise email environments
- Strong technical knowledge of Internet products and technologies
- A thorough understanding of Internet protocols and how they work, particularly SMTP, MAPI and RFC822.
- Knowledge of networking topology, TCP/IP protocol, network configuration and components (firewalls, routers, etc.)
- Solid knowledge of MySQL databases
- Solid knowledge of scripting languages such as Perl or PHP
- Experience in supporting software for Fortune 500 or other large companies
- Must be comfortable with presenting and explaining technology to people with less technical knowledge
- Must have a good understanding of the sales process, be sensitive to sales situations, and possess excellent customer service skills
- Must be able to thrive in a fast paced, high stress start-up environment
- Demonstrated experience in working with broad cross-functional teams
- Excellent organizational, analytical, negotiation, and influence skills
- Ability to work independently, ability to adapt quickly, positive attitude
- BSCS or equivalent experience
- Some Travel
- Experience administering and deploying large scale messaging
- Detailed hands-on knowledge and experience of Windows Operating System
- Detailed hands-on knowledge and experience of the Linux (CentOS) Operating System
- Detailed hands-on knowledge and experience with Active Directory and Exchange Email systems
Proofpoint is a pioneering security-as-a-service provider that focuses on cloud-based solutions for threat protection, compliance, archiving...