Proofpoint is seeking a proactive, experienced individual to join the Professional Services team to manage large-scale, highly visible customer engagements, and assist Professional Services Management team in building Professional Services Project Management best practices.
- Engage with new and existing enterprise customers in a project management capacity, working with other Proofpoint Consultants, leading the project to implement Proofpoint solutions
- Work collaboratively with other departments, including sales, support, engineering, and product management, to ensure successful completion of customer engagements
- Serve as the customer advocate to Proofpoint departments during the engagement process.
- Manage customer escalations as necessary and assigned, driving issues to resolution
- Track budget, project milestones, dependencies, and all aspects of the delivery process for customer engagements
- Provide mentoring and leadership to the Professional Services team as well as the larger sales and support organization
- Collaborate with Professional Services managers and other departments in building Professional Services Project Management Best Practices
- BSCS or equivalent
- 5+ years industry experience in a customer-facing Professional Services role
- 3+ years industry experience in a Project or Program Management role
- Strong project and program management skills and high attention to detail
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Technical background in enterprise applications, software, and services
- A thorough background of Internet protocols and how they work (HTTP, SMTP, etc.)
- Knowledge of networking topology, TCP/IP protocol, network configuration and components (firewalls, routers, etc.)
- Strong attention to detail while maintaining sight of the big picture
- Approachable demeanor, the ability to build trust with team members
- Able to impact at all levels of the organization
- Ability to think strategically and deliver tactically
- Resourceful and innovative at tackling complex challenges in a timely matter.
- Exceptional ability to build relationships and enhance cooperative working relationships
- Adept at conflict resolution: This job entails working with a variety of people and personalities.