Agfa HealthCare Corporation has an exciting opportunity for a Proactive Support Specialist.
The main focus of this role is to be responsible for providing remote technical support and services for our Agfa Customers.
The incumbent is to have a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected to resolve and assess severity of technical issues. In order to succeed, the incumbent derives a strong motivation from facilitation of long-term improvements of a broad scope. Ability to work outside normal hours.
This position may be based out of the following location(s) and surrounding area:
Provide telephone and remote access, consultation and technical expertise to Agfa customers, Customer Support Specialists, Sales and Implementation Teams.
Manage escalations, complaints to Level 3 and Development, and follows through as point of contact to higher level support teams.
Attend AGFA product-training, underlying technologies courses and maintains an expert working knowledge of targeted products and solutions.
Utilize Help Desk computer software for call logging and tracking
Document solution and resolution steps in product knowledge database to ensure problems and solutions are communicated to all necessary service organizations.
work with your direct supervisor to develop and implement a 24 x 7 Managed Services Capability, develop best practices and strategies, and document pertinent work instructions
We offer a rewarding career in a field that impacts lives, the opportunity to work with a talented, committed team of individuals, training and career development programs, and a competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science and/or Information Systems or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 3 years Oracle database administration experience.
- Minimum of 1 year Oracle application database experience.
- Experience in application installation and upgrades, shell scripting, SQL and PL/SQL.
- Experience in backup and recovery, user management, performance tuning, concurrent processing setting and database auditing.
- Knowledge of Oracle Data Guard is an asset.
- Knowledge of Programming Languages VB/ASP, VB.NET, HTML, and/or XML is an asset.
- Superior multitasking skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated resourcefulness to see problems and issues through resolution.
- Strong communications skills (oral/written) to interact effectively and professionally with both internal and external customers.
- Must be eligible to travel.
- Must be eligible to apply for customer initiated security clearances such as the US National Agency Check (NAC).
If you want to be part of this experience, we'll take you there.
Learn more about Agfa HealthCare and follow us on Twitter .
Agfa HealthCare Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Agfa-Gevaert Group - 30+ days ago