To perform required intake, court, and field functions for the proper operation of the Webb County Juvenile Department.
Examples of Duties:
- Meet requirements as Juvenile Probation Officer in the State of Texas as defined in Section 341.4(b)(c) of TJPC Standards.
- Daily attendance.
- Speak, read, and write in English and Spanish.
- Drive a van when necessary.
- Be on call 24-7 on rotation basis (pager provided)
- Use personal vehicle for work purposes as listed below.
- Acquire working knowledge of principles of social casework and counseling.
- Apply good, sound judgment in dealing with clients and parents.
- Relate to youth in a positive manner.
- Establish and maintain satisfactory working relationships with fellow employees and the general public.
- Screen and process all assigned in-coming cases through disposition in accordance with Title II of the Texas Family Code and departmental procedures.
- Prepare all necessary forms and reports required by the Juvenile Department on a timely basis.
- Maintain accurate documentation, including case plans, chronological notes, and case follow-ups.
- Interview, counsel children and their families, and mediate between victims and perpetrators.
- Conduct individual and family counseling/advisement and meet with probationers as assigned.
- Arrange, attend, and make recommendations at detention hearing and court hearings.
- Secure services for the youth and/or family from social service agencies, department-sponsored programs, and other community-based programs.
- Conduct home and school visits on an as-needed basis.
- Transport juveniles to court and/or placement when necessary.
- Maintain accurate and current documentation on Di
- aly Intake Roster, operate control panel, man telephones, and other intake duties, when necessary.
Any additional duties assigned by the Director or Deputy Director of Case Management.
- Four-year degree from an accredited college or university in Criminal Justice or a re
alted field, preferable in the areas of Sociology or Psychology.
Minimum of one (1) year's casework or couseling experience in a youth-realted program.
Have, or be able to obrain, and maintain a valid Texas Driver's Licesense.
Pass a drdug/alcohol test prior to and as a condition of continued employment.
No disqualifying criminal history.
Must be insurable by Webb County's insurance carrier.
Webb County, TX - 18 months ago