Position Title |
Business Unit Description
MWV is a global leader in packaging and packaging solutions. Our fresh insights, innovative products, global manufacturing, and unparalleled service make us the partner of choice for many of the world’s most admired brands in the healthcare, beauty and personal care, food, beverage, home and garden, and tobacco industries. Our end-market expertise is also the foundation for success in our other businesses – Specialty Chemicals and the Community Development and Land Management Group. We touch people’s lives every day, everywhere. We help people keep track of their medications ( Dosepak ®, and Shellpak ® packaging), take care of their homes and gardens ( Mixor ® Trigger Sprayers) and their communities ( Evotherm ® asphalt). We develop products and solutions that not only grow our customers’ brands, but also improve our – and their – customers’ quality of life.
With about 15,000 employees worldwide, MWV operates in 30 countries and serves customers in more than 100 nations. But no matter where we’re doing business, we do things the right way – with a focus on integrity, sustainability, and positively contributing to the communities in which our employees live and work.
MWV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Process/Production Engineer develops and leads improvement projects throughout the plant while providing day-to-day technical and engineering support to the operating areas. Projects include modifying existing procedures to improve product quality and plant operability, managing the purchase and installation of capital equipment, and developing and delivery training on existing plant processes. This position is responsible for all aspects of plant operation in support of our customers’ needs. These responsibilities include all safety and environmental issues, process reliability and run time, product quality, process improvements, process/equipment troubleshooting, cost control, training, and new product development support. HOW YOU WILL IMPACT MWV
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Design, develop, and implement equipment and process improvements in support of plant objectives. Provide technical support for optimizing various plant operations. Control factors that affect manufacturing costs.
- Assist in troubleshooting overall plant operations to insure product quality while maintaining safe operations and environmental compliance.
- Investigate process incidents, develop action plans, and incorporate findings into standard operating procedures.
- Develop, maintain, and update ISO/TS-16949 and RC-14002 documentation and standard operating procedures for the operating areas.
- Develop training information and facilitate operator training on existing, new, and revised plant equipment and processes.
- Participate with research and product development personnel in conducting plant trials, focusing on the development of new operating procedures and equipment modifications for improved plant operations.
The successful candidate will have a Bachelors degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering plus a minimum of 10 years of industrial or related engineering experience. This position provides support for operations; good troubleshooting, mechanical and engineering skills are necessary. This position requires effective communication throughout all levels of the organization. It also requires the ability to cross organizational boundaries to build support from groups and individuals over which the person has no supervisory control.
United States of America
MeadWestvaco - 2 years ago
MWV is a global leader in packaging and packaging solutions. Our fresh insights, innovative products, global manufacturing, and unparalleled...