Process Assurance Technician
ATK is a premier aerospace and defense company with more than 18,000 employees in 22 states, Puerto Rico and internationally. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or a military operation. We are the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
ATK has excellent opportunities for a Process Assurance Technician at our Manufacturing Center of Excellence, near Cumberland MD. This is a premier ATK location with extreme corporate visibility. It is dedicated to the manufacture of defense and defense related products including rocket motors, warheads, gas generators, ceramic composites for aircraft components and launch tubes, metals and munitions as well as electronics, integration and test of electronic fuzes and sensors. Our manufacturing capabilities encompass motor and warhead loading, static and air-breathing testing, fiber placement, filament winding, hand lay-up, compression molding, high rate machining, flow forming, welding, assembly, and integration and test.
- Perform Process Assurance functions such as manufacturing in-process inspections (i.e. verifying product characteristics meet company approved procedures and verifying that soldering requirements of PCB's and in-process inspections meet the requirements of J-STD-001 and IPC 610), and recording non-conformances when detected.
- Witness Product Verification / Lot Acceptance and Environmental & Conditioning testing activities; and reporting results to the Integrated Program Teams (IPT).
- Act as the liaison between Operations and the IPT and work closely with customer and DCMA (government) representatives.
- Conduct Audits to ensure product conformance to customer specifications and to identify Mistake Proofing opportunities recorded via Kaizens.
- 2 Year College Degree or equivalent.
- 3 or more years directly related prior experience
- Able and willing to perform shift work and/or rotating shifts. Weekend work and over-time may also be required.
- Ability to obtain a DOD/Secret Clearance which requires US Citizenship as a prerequisite.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work independently as well as a Team member with the IPTs and Customers.
- Prior Inspection experience in Manufacturing including conducting Testing and Audits.
- Ability to use Standard Measuring Equipment (i.e. micrometers, verniers, height gages, etc.).
- Ability to Verify Product Characteristics through specifications and drawings.
- Efficiency in the use of computers and MS Office programs such as Excel, Outlook, and Word.
- Prior experience in Lean Manufacturing and Mistake Proofing Initiates.
ATK is on the move. We have the people, strategy, agility, and products to thrive in a highly dynamic national security and space environment. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, full Medical and Dental and much more. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce. M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
less than 25%
Years of Experience:
Technician, Gas Technician, Gas, Machinist, Welding, Technology, Energy, Manufacturing
Orbital ATK - 17 months ago
Space is not the final frontier for Alliant Techsystems (ATK), as long as its aerospace/defense offerings are paving new paths. Through four...