Process Characterization/Integration Engineer
- General Summary
* Related duties as required are duties that may not be specifically listed in the classification specification or position description.
This position will be responsible for the process characterization and integration of prototype wafers on new technology programs and future generation products.
- Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Process integration/characterization for prototype wafers & future products.
- Wafer level process integration on reader part of thin film recording heads.
- Data analysis on backend slider feedback data and provide further improvement solutions for prototype wafers and future products.
- Data analysis on TEM/SEM Dual Beam and other related metrology feedback.
- Work closely with process engineering, product engineering, and design group to ensure to meet product requirements.
- Work on process transfer into manufacturing.
- Failure analysis on newly developed process and provide corrective actions.
- Job Specification and Requirements*
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Must be able to work and interact with various interdepartmental engineering and other support organizations.
- Be able to work independently and should be self-directed.
- Experience in fabrication process on magnetic heads, hard disk drive, or semiconductor industry.
- Experience in magnetic recording head/materials and testing is a plus.
- Familiar with database skill and visual basic programming is a plus.
- Minimum M.S. degree in Material Science, Physics, Electrical Engineering or other engineering discipline. Ph.D. preferred.
- Work Schedule, Conditions and Physical Requirements ***
This is a "Day" shift position, Monday through Friday. Regular work schedule may periodically be adjusted to meet company needs. Occasionally, the individual will be required to work within a class 100 ESD sensitive wafer fab manufacturing facility requiring adherence to safety and dress standards, including but not limited to bunnysuits, safety shoes, glasses, nitrile gloves, yellow light, etc.
Headway Technologies - 17 months ago
Headway Technologies is making progress in the disk drive market. The company designs and manufactures recording heads for computer disk...