McCormick & Company, Incorporated , a global leader in flavor, is seeking a full time Process Control / Automation Engineer in its Spice Mill located at 10901 Gilroy Road in Hunt Valley, MD . This Engineer will report to the Plant Engineering & Maintenance Manager.
With more than $3 billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavorful products to the entire food industry – retail outlets, food manufacturers and foodservice businesses. Every day, no matter where or what you eat, you can enjoy food flavored by McCormick. McCormick brings passion to flavor ™!
As an employer recognized for our exceptional commitment to employees, McCormick & Co., Inc. offers a wide variety of benefits, programs and services which address the needs of employees and their families. McCormick’s benefits include, but are not limited to tuition assistance, medical & dental, disability, group life insurance, 401(k), paid holidays and vacations.
T his Engineer is responsible for the engineering, design, integration, programming, and troubleshooting of P rogrammable Logic Controllers (PLC), Process Automation Controllers (PAC) , Human Machine Interfaces (HMI), Servo Systems, Robotics, and Industrial Networks for systems to support productivity and/or quality improvements for process and packaging equipment. This person will also ensure accuracy and completeness of associated technical documentation and support technician training and development processes.
- Development of long-range, strategic and short-range, tactical capital plans, ensuring an acceptable return on investment and, at the same time, assisting with fulfilling the needs of the plant with respect to replacement of worn out or obsolete equipment, expansion of capacity to meet sales growth, equipment modification or replacement of packaging changes or cost reductions
- Management of CAAP (Capital Asset Acquisition Proposal) projects, sometimes exceeding $500,000 in value
- Maintaining full responsibility for technical documentation of the electrical drawings, manuals and troubleshooting guides of the related projects
- Reflecting a very high level of technical qualifications (automation/controls, mechanical and electrical)
- Providing comprehensive training to Maintenance and Production personnel in the referred technical areas
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Experience with Allen-Bradley / Rockwell Automation and/or Siemens control and automation platforms
- Minimum 5 years’ experience managing individual budgets for capital projects, writing accurate technical documentation to support production systems and developing measurement tools to track effectiveness of projects completed
- Minimum 5 years’ experience troubleshooting, diagnosing and repairing PC related issues down to the component level to include touch screen displays, hard drives, CD Rom drive and NIC cards with the ability to repair and/or replace components and load, configure and parameterize both hardware and software as is relates to industrial, process control PCs and their related applications
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working with industrials process controls, IT / networking processes and general analog and digital electronics
- Excellent interpersonal, communication skills and teamwork skills
- Experience analyzing plant processing needs and designing engineering solution for quality / process improvements capabilities
- Experience overseeing contract / vendor project implementation, ensuring customer buy-in to finished products, assisting engineering management with regulatory compliance issues and participating with maintenance team efforts to improve throughput, uptime, safety and sanitation levels throughout the plant.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience designing, installing, commissioning, and troubleshooting industrial controls systems to include PLC/PAC’s, HMI’s, VFD’s, Servo Controls, Robotics, and industrial networks (specifically Ethernet, Devicenet, and Profibus).