Process Control Engineer
Pogo Gold Mine
Sumitomo Metal Mining Pogo LLC is recruiting for a Process Control Engineer to work at the Pogo Gold Mine (a remote mine near Fairbanks, Alaska).
We have a modern mill that processes 2,700 tons/day - mill uses SAG/ball mill grinding, gravity recovery, flotation, and leaching/CIP to recover 350-400,000 ounces of gold bullion per year. The position reports to the Mill Manager and works closely with metallurgical staff.
- Emerson Delta V Distributed Control System - Operation, troubleshooting, maintenance and training operations personnel. Familiarity with the following the control equipment:
- HART protocol on analog instruments,
- DeviceNet on motor starters,
- ASI-bus on valves.
- PLC’s use Allen Bradley Compact Logix & Control Logix - Integrated into the Delta V system using DF1 data communication.
- Engineering Degree.
- 3 years process control engineering experience.
- Prefer experience in control loop implementation/optimization in hard rock mineral processing plants and/or gold metallurgical processes.
- Pass a physical, drug test, and two background checks (including ATFE background check).
- Work rotation - tentatively set for 4 days on the job followed by 3 days off.
- Requires staying at the company provided camp during the work rotation. Camp facilities – dining service, game room, exercise & weight room, and a sauna. Each dorm room has phone, internet & cable tv service. Room and board are company provided.
- The company provides bus service between Fairbanks, Alaska and Pogo Mine.
- Competitive wages.
- Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vacation, Short & Long Term Disability, 401(k), and Vacation & Holiday plans.
- Alaska relocation assistance.
Subject Line: Process Control Engineer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. At this time, we can only consider candidates already authorized to work in the United States.
JobHost - 20 months ago