Shell Downstream encompasses all the activities necessary to transform crude oil into petroleum products and petrochemicals, and deliver them around the world. Our Downstream businesses refine, supply, trade and ship crude oil worldwide, and manufacture, transport and market fuels, lubricants, bitumen, LPG and bulk petrochemicals for domestic, transportation and industrial uses. Altogether, the organisation employs some 65,000 people in around 100 counties.
Our Manufacturing business has the capability to process some four million barrels of crude oil per day, and operates in 35 refineries worldwide, producing gasoline, diesel, heating oils, aviation fuel, lubricants and bitumen. Delivering cutting edge technologies, our manufacturing sites contribute significantly to meeting the world’s energy needs.
At Shell our commitment is to satisfy the world’s need for energy with economically, socially and environmentally responsible solutions. We seek a high standard of performance, and understand that great ideas can change the world. If you want to work with a group of creative, ambitious and innovative professionals then you should consider Shell. We will provide you with the resources to put your ideas into action, worldwide opportunities to advance your career, and outstanding benefits and rewards that support your quality of life. Join us and let’s make a real difference together.
Provide process control applications engineering support, technical support, and technical assurance to ensure safe, reliable, cost effective, and profitable operation of assigned production area.
The successful candidate will have information and process control applications technical responsibilities for portions of the expanded 600MB/D Port Arthur Refinery. Accountabilities include:
• Production Area focal point to ensure Process Control applications meet target utilization and profitability
• Identifies and leads the implementation of information and control applications that push units to maximum profitable operation (capacity, yields, energy, etc.). Thoroughly knows and understands process technologies in areas of support
• Ensures Process Control applications use corporate standard tools
• Proactively ensures base layer control loops meet target utilization by monitoring controller compliance and leading the Control Systems Department and Production Team to implement corrective actions accordingly
• Supports advanced control applications in their area such as DMC or SMOC and works with Process Control Specialists to address issues
• Identifies bad actor base layer and advanced control applications and ensures action plans to address them are in place
• Defines and implements process/equipment modifications. Initiates capital projects to address control systems issues
• Provides coaching and technical support to the production team on Process Control technology
• Provides Process Control technical assurance support to Project Engineering and other technical groups
• Performs Management of Change reviews to ensure safe operation and design of Process Control applications and related changes. Facility changes are properly documented and records are issued to appropriate parties
• Participates and/or leads incident investigations as required
• Mentors and develops less experienced engineers. Develops training documentation and organizes technical training for process engineering and information/control systems applications
• Supports Control-IT activities such as PI, tag uploads
• Weekly and monthly status & highlights documentation of Process Control performance vs. target
• Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
• Minimum three (3) years of process control applications support
• Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering or related chemical discipline
• Demonstrated experience of process control applications support to a refinery unit or chemical plant preferred
• Proven experience with Honeywell based DCS systems (TDC2000, 3000, and Experion) including experience with control loop tuning, the design and troubleshooting of complex loops, and system configuration preferred
• Proficiency in Process Engineering technology is preferred
• Demonstrated experience of Advanced Process Control applications such as DMC (Dynamic Matrix Control), SMOC (Shell Multi-Variable Optimizing Control), and DCS systems/instrumentation preferred
• High proficiency with control loop tuning. Control algorithms & applications experience preferred.
Sunday 31 March 2013
Number of Vacancies
In addition to the tasks outlined in this job description, you may be assigned other responsibilities as needed. The Royal Dutch/Shell Group of companies offers an outstanding benefits package. In order to be considered for this position, you must complete an online candidate profile. No phone inquiries will be accepted. Shell Companies in the U.S. are equal opportunity employers.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our
policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Royal Dutch Shell plc is incorporated in England and Wales, has its headquarters in The Hague and is listed on the London, Amsterdam, and...