M-F Full Time
Reports to: Manager of Cell Culture Development
Scope of Function:
1. Assist in the transfer of existing upstream mammalian cell culture processes into upstream process development, analyzing ongoing processes, and resolving technical issues.
2. Assist in the development and scale-up of new mammalian cell culture processes.
1. Assist in all upstream development activities including; cell culture, cell banking, media optimization, seed train design, feed strategy, bioreactor parameter optimization, harvest clarification, and transfer to manufacturing.
2. Maintain laboratory inventory and equipment.
3. Record process development activities and results in appropriate notebooks and spreadsheets.
4. Assist with writing SOPs, batch records, and experimental plans and reports.
5. Multi-task multiple projects as necessary.
6. Ability to work well in a team environment and across diverse scientific disciplines.
Education, Experience and Skills required:
HBS, MS in biological or biochemical sciences.
3 - 4 years relevant laboratory experience.
1. Must be able to work semi-independently with minimum direction.
2. Must be able to execute experimental protocols as they pertain to the duties listed above.
3. Must have excellent aseptic technique, cell culture experience and computer skills.
4. Familiarity with basic cell culture lab equipment.
5. Solid interpersonal skills as well as excellent oral and verbal communication abilities.
6. Some familiarity of GMP manufacturing is desirable.
Experience with small scale (1 – 10 L) bioreactors, suspension cell culture, SDS-PAGE / Western Blot, and ELISA.