Job Description: |
- Support production by analyzing production process problems and equipment capability issues.
- Utilize systematic data collection, root cause analysis, DOE, and FMEA methods.
- Supply data in support of projects to improve production processes & systems.
- Manage specific projects designed to meet stated improvement goals.
- Support safety initiatives.
- Follow quality standards, methods, and procedures: Review production requirements, adhere to Quality Policy system, and follow safety standards.
- Assist with control of operational costs and waste reduction. Recommend improvements that identify and reduce areas of waste and causes of variation.
- Communicate systems activities and all non-conformance issues in a timely manner.
- Develop individual and team efforts that meet or exceed corporate objectives.
- Recommend improvement to processes or operations.
- Excellent communication, organizational and analytical skills.
- Familiarity with various methods of metal forming in regards to threaded Fastener manufacturing, hot press forging preferred.
- Experience generating master models using Part Solutions 3D software and use of computers to streamline drafting and design, blueprint engineering/analysis, and technical support.
- Pro active in the identification and problem solving of employee safety and product quality issues.
- Capable of generating and recommending approaches, processes, and procedures that impact continuous improvement.
- Must have experience in promoting and participating in continuous improvement/lean activities that meet operational excellence expectations.
- Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, Pro-E, and CAD/CAM.
- Experience in solving in solving manufacturing issues, knowledge of SPC, Gage R&R & CPK.
- 2-10 years experience as a Process Engineer in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Experience documenting production processes and procedures.
- Able to work with production workers to diagnose production issues.
- B.S. Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or Materials Science.
CareerBuilder - 18 months ago
The Franklin Company was established in 1958 to help local, regional and Fortune 500 companies with professional and technical placements...