The Process Engineer/Chemist is responsible for improving the quality, productivity, cost, and safety of Manufacturing processes and products through continuous process improvement techniques. This position also interfaces with the Research & Development and Sales & Marketing functions, and oversees the scale-up, transfer, and optimization of new products into Manufacturing. This position is located in Central, PA. Candidates will be required to undergo a DEA backround check and sucessfully complete a pre-employment medical exam. Also, due to ITAR regulations, this position requires US. Citizenship or permant residence.
· Analyzes process failures, look for trends, determine root cause and implement actions to prevent reoccurrence.
· Lead pass rate improvement meetings.
· Analyze large business undertakings such as second sourcing and develop ways to bring them to manufacturing to ensure we are providing what the customers need without detriment to our current processes.
· Evaluates marketing changes and the impact to manufacturing so they can be implemented without affecting manufacturing
· Identify and implement develop better manufacturing techniques
· Attend various meetings where appropriate and provide feedback on act on action items.
· Train and explain new processes to technicians either on the floor or during team meetings.
· Attend and supply input for team meetings as well as huddles.
· Supply information/reporting for and act as a backup for operations meetings.
· Report and track metrics.
· New product evaluation and implementation
· Identify and pilot new equipment to improve processes.
· Work to automate/streamline production
· Attend manufacturing/QC daily huddles, help determine actions for problem mixes
· Manage projects for process improvement
· Bachelors degree in Engineering (Chemical Engineering preferred) or Chemistry
· Minimum 3-5 years industry experience.