Kimberly-Clark is leading the world in essentials for a better life. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, with nearly 57,000 employees worldwide and operations in 36 countries, Kimberly-Clark posted sales of $20.8 billion in 2011. Kimberly-Clark’s global brands are sold in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people trust Kimberly-Clark products and the solutions they provide to make their lives better. With well-known family care and personal care brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Andrex, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, Poise and Depend, we hold the No. 1 or No. 2 share position globally in more than 80 countries.
As a global company, we are committed to cultivating a fair, respectful and engaging work environment that inspires our diverse global team to thrive professionally and contribute to the communities where we operate. We also have a responsibility to attain a deeper understanding of our impact on the world. Addressing Sustainability issues and incorporating solutions through all levels of Kimberly-Clark is a critical component of our business.
Initiate, design, develop, optimize, and problem solve manufacturing and supporting processes.
Project Leaders, Engineering, Research, Operations, Maintenance, Consumers
- Identify and resolve process and equipment problems.
- Initiate creative and practical designs which meet expectations.
- Implement engineering and scientific analysis principles.
- Apply engineering standards and procedures.
- Document work to ensure information is retrievable.
Incumbent typically reports to an Engineering, Operations or Maintenance Team Leader. Receives direction in the form of specific objectives from a Team Leader. Recognized for understanding application of technology and demonstrates ability to interface with team members.
Position requires a Bachelors or advanced Engineering or relevant scientific discipline degree or equivalent, continuing self-development and three years of experience in a variety of assignments. Demon¬strated personal sensitivity and competency in design and use of engineering/scientific analysis systems/tools.
Vary widely with assignment and include:
- Project responsibility of $1 MM
- Project team of 2 to 5 people
- Single or multiple projects
JOB TITLE: Engineer 2 (Process)
A Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Engineering or relevant scientific discipline or equivalent experience, continuing self-development, and engineering experience.
While it is important that engineers gain experience in all areas listed for their function below, those skills in bold lettering are considered to be key to this position.
- R&E systems
- Process knowledge
- Process control systems
- Problem identification, problem solving methodology
- Systems machine, electrical, process
- Assimilate and understand technical information
- Statistical thinking
- Use of statistical tools
- Design of experiments
- Process capability
- Process optimization
- Product attributes/quality and testing
- Trial planning and implementation
- Business unit communications/partnering
- Corporation policies and procedures
- Role of other K-C functions/interactions
- Design communications
- Laws and government regulations
- Engineering economics
- Design capabilities including safety
- Materials and fabrication
- Estimating dollars and people
- Maintenance appreciation
- K-C appropriation and budget system
- Engineering work systems: computers, CAD
- K-C design standards
ENGINEER 2 (PROCESS)
1. Design and Development: Initiate, design and develop manufacturing and supporting processes to achieve unit objectives.
2. Technical Knowledge: Develop knowledge and skills to be recognized as an implementor of engineering principles and/or scientific analysis in meeting unit objectives.
3. Safety: Carry out job responsibilities in a safe manner. Design equipment and processes that meet safety codes, policies and guidelines. Provide for the safety and well-being of operators, maintenance and other person¬nel.
4. Security and Documentation: Maintain security and documentation to ensure the retrieval of data and protection of proprietary information.
5. Problem Solving: Seek, recognize, define and solve problems/opportunities to achieve unit objectives.
6. Internal Control: Lead assigned projects/tasks to meet unit objectives within applicable Corporate policies. Place emphasis on CFI and Internal Control.
7. Communications: Communicate fully with superiors, subordinates and others who have need to know. Be informative without being obtrusive or vexatious. Communicate in a way that is timely, yet prompt; complete, yet concise; candid, yet accurate; and clear, yet responsive.
8. Human Resources Development: Assist in the development of others in the area of his/her expertise, while demonstrating an understanding of those with a diverse background or experience.
9. QMP: Provide direction and participative leadership in the practical application of the Quality Management Process in all projects, assignments and responsibilities.
10. Contribute to an environment in which all team members are respected regardless of their individual differences and are motivated to improve both their individual and team contributions to achieve desired business results.
11. World Class Manufacturing: Ensure the communication, implementation and promotion of the World Class Manufacturing values, vision, mission and foundations as a means for delivering manufacturing results.
Build Trust: I am open and candid with everyone, and I value diverse perspectives and debate.
Make Decisions: I align and prioritize my actions to drive results every day.
Win Consistently: I’m accountable for asking, “What else can I do?” to exceed near-term and long-term expectations.
Think Customer: I understand and anticipate my customers’ needs and drive innovation for their benefit.
Continuously Improve: I reach across boundaries for new ideas to improve our business.
Build Talent: I am accountable for the strength and diversity of my team, and I own my development.
Kimberly-Clark - 20 months ago
Kimberly-Clark engages in worldwide manufacturing and marketing of a wide range of products for personal, business and industrial uses....