Tri-Seal and Top-Seals are leading manufacturers of cap liners and seals (closure liners) for glass, metal and plastic containers. Our products ensure that the contents of our customer’s products are secure from contamination, leakage, or loss of product efficacy. You’ll find our closure liners on millions of items throughout the world, in categories such as food and beverage, pharmaceutical, cosmetic, industrial, and household goods.
With four manufacturing plants located in the United States and Europe, we serve the global market and offer the widest range of liner materials and services in the industry. Our high-speed press equipment can die-cut a variety of lining materials into disks, gaskets, and other customized shapes.
Tri-Seal and Top-Seals are part of Tekni-Plex , one of the world’s leading manufacturers of innovative packaging and tubing solutions for the world’s leading products.
TRI-SEAL offers all employees:
- Highly competitive pay
- Great employee and family benefits (medical/dental/vision) that start on the first of the month after date of hire (Exempt Positions)
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Life Insurance
- 401K Savings Plan with company matching effective on the first of the month, following three months of service.
- Healthcare and dependent care reimbursement accounts
- Annual tuition reimbursement
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- On-going training
- Opportunities for advancement
- Highly professional, ethical, drug free environment
The Tri-Seal plant in Flemington, NJ has an immediate need for an experienced Process Engineer. The Process Engineer would be responsible for using engineering principles, team facilitation skills, and statistical process control tools to measure and improve key processes integral to the manufacturing of printed and unprinted laminated packaging materials for the pharmaceutical industry. Identifies key processes and develops relevant metrics to ensure process variables are quantified and within control. Identifies and conducts projects and facilitates cross functional improvement teams to improve manufacturing efficiency, safety and reduce variability.
Essential Job Duties:
Non-Essential Job Duties: Performs other duties that may be assigned.
- Implement lean manufacturing principles. Facilitates cross functional improvement teams with the objective of implementing lean manufacturing principles.
- Identify, propose and execute projects to improve efficiency. Prepares proposals & reports and executes planned projects, including, determining time frames, funding, procedures for accomplishing projects, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of projects.
- Work directly with machine operators to identify needs and develop solutions; work with Maintenance on equipment modifications and preventative /predictive maintenance to ensure reliability.
- Identify, propose and execute projects to improve customer satisfaction, through performance and product reliability. Develops / improves product reliability, performance consistency and cost effectiveness.
- Provide manufacturing information to other departments, such as finance and human resources.
- Develop thorough knowledge of all manufacturing processes and equipment; monitor and assess all equipment performance; develop requirements and participate in CER development for new/modified equipment.
- Statistically evaluate process parameters; assess impacts of material changes to efficiency and process integrity. Reduce scrap levels and increase yields.
- Develop strategies for process improvement and evaluate impact of such changes; actively participate in and/or drive root cause analysis and process improvement efforts.
- Be the plant liaison for trials and participate in all associated meetings and activities to ensure success.
- Evaluate and modify ERP system routers based on actual performance.
- Participate in customer complaint system with the goals of prevention of future occurrences and complaint avoidance.
- Develops resolutions to a diverse range of complex problems that require the frequent use of creativity.
- Contributes to the fulfillment of a variety of complex short-term technical projects and objectives.
- Promotes worker safety by:
- Actively assesses activities on a constant basis to ensure no unsafe actions or results will occur.
- Stressing safe working practices to associates.
- Assisting in audits of employee behaviors to ensure compliance with safety rules and guidelines, as well as housekeeping audits and surveys.
- Participating on the plant-wide safety team as necessary.
- Ensuring the housekeeping in the immediate and surrounding work area is maintained or improved to the highest level possible.
- Ensures Quality products and processes are maintained by:
- Understanding and supporting both quality policies and the Quality System.
- Performing work at a level that ensures quality of this positions work meets or exceeds internal and external customer specifications.
- Identifying and correcting if possible any identified quality issues both in the department and plant as a whole.
- Participating in system or quality based training provided by the company or recommended by the company
- Actively participates in the continuous improvement process (CIP) by:
- Identifying and addressing any opportunities to reduce cost, improve product/process and/or improve overall operations
- Participating in CIP teams to eliminate problems, streamline operations or other areas as defined by management
- Participating in CIP training and exercises designed to expand the potential for continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated capability to lead cross functional work teams in the implementation of process improvements that yield bottom line results.
- Experience in the implementation of statistical process control and/or lean manufacturing principles within a fast paced manufacturing environment.
- Engineering/Manufacturing Procedure writing and auditing experience
- Capable of learning and complying with FDA/GMP regulations and ISO/TS Audits. Prefer experience with web manufacturing processes.
- Knowledge of polymer processing or manufacturing technology, including troubleshooting, raw material usage/testing and specifications.
- Lean, Six Sigma, 8D, Zero Defect, Kaizen, Kan Ban, Single Minute Exchange Die [SMED] background
- High volume manufacturing experience.
- Extrusion experience preferred. Knowledge of mixing, melt processing, die design or extrusion control systems a plus.
Language Skills: Good English communication skills, both verbal and written. Spanish speaking and writing skills a plus.
Education, Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Packaging Engineering, or other related industrial technology
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit and frequently required to stand; walk; use hands & fingers; talk and hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Must be GMP compliant with gowning and proper attire/uniforms (i.e., head/shoe/beard covers and eye protection) where required. May be required to wear ear plugs occasionally.
The job duties, physical demands and work environment characteristics described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Where possible, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions where it does not cause undue hardship or safety risks to the company and/or the employee.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Tekni-Plex is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy and practice of Tekni-Plex to comply with all applicable fair employment practices and equal opportunity laws in every country where Tekni-Plex employees work, and to provide employment opportunities, as well as administer all terms and conditions of employment, to all qualified persons on an equal basis Tekni-Plex prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other category protected by law.