Process Engineer - Etch/Films TDC
- Job Summary:
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES Fab 8 is seeking a skilled engineer. This position is for a TDC/Bump Process Engineer to support dry processing (plasma strip, etch and PVD). The Process Engineer position reports directly to a functional area module manager in Fab8 in Malta, NY . The primary responsibilities of this position are to conduct equipment evaluations with major semiconductor vendors, define initial tooling needs for start-up, develop and/or optimize unit processes in order to meet the overall technology roadmap and device performance requirements for 28nm technology node and beyond. Additionally, the candidate will be expected to assist in tooling start-up, installing the processes into manufacturing, and owning the processes in manufacturing. This position will require 6 months in Dresden, Germany.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
• Participate in the evaluation of toolsets, and defining best tools for Fab 8 ramp-up.
• Support Integration team and Quality organization to ensure technology meet the qualification and reliability requirements.
• Support the efforts of the internal technology development team
• Support process and technology transfer from customers and other GLOBALFOUNDRIES fabs to Fab8
• Participate in troubleshooting taskforces as need and help develop solutions that prevent recurrence
• Continue to improve process robustness for high volume manufacturing using statistical tools, DOE techniques, data driven decision making and systematic problem solving skills. Use lean manufacturing and six sigma processes
• B.S. degree in Chemistry, Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, Solid State Physics or other relevant engineering physical science discipline is required. An M.S. degree or PhD is preferred
• Minimum of 5 years of Semiconductor process engineering experience in the process area is desired; experience in advanced technology (45nm or below) is strongly preferred.
• Minimum of 3 years experience with design of experiment techniques and data analysis
• Excellent interpersonal skills, energetic and self starter
• Demonstrated ability to work well within a global matrixed team or environment
• Outstanding communication skills - both written and verbal
• Demonstrated ability to communicate well with all levels of the organization and experience in working with external constituencies
• Strong organizational skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and able to react to shifting priorities to meet business needs
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments
• Willing to relocate to Malta NY.
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is the world’s first full-service semiconductor foundry with a truly global footprint. Launched in March 2009, the company has quickly achieved scale as the second largest foundry in the world, providing a unique combination of advanced technology and manufacturing to more than 160 customers. With operations in Singapore, Germany and the United States, GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is the only foundry that offers the flexibility and security of manufacturing centers spanning three continents. The company’s three 300mm fabs and five 200mm fabs provide the full range of process technologies from mainstream to the leading edge. This global manufacturing footprint is supported by major facilities for research, development and design enablement located near hubs of semiconductor activity in the United States, Europe and Asia.
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is owned by the Advanced Technology Investment Company (ATIC).
For more information on
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES , visit www.globalfoundries.com
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V).
GLOBALFOUNDRIES - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -