The process engineer will develop and execute process strategies for the production of printed circuit boards. The duties include design, layout and improvement of manufacturing processes, monitoring overall process operations and developing solutions to a broad range of technical problems applying mechanical and / or chemical engineering principles, theory, and concepts. This engineer will participate in efforts involving concurrent design for manufacturability and alternative process technologies.
Deploy best practice principles for process control and product yield.
Review performance outcomes, investigate problems and ensure revisions to documented procedures.
Establish performance measures and metrics, analyzes these metrics to identify and implement performance based improvements.
Participate with company teams in meeting customer quality and delivery requirements.
Support customers and internal design reviews to ensure compatibility of processing techniques.
Comply with and support all department and corporate policies and procedures, included but not limited to safety, security, RCRA and OSHA guidelines.
Maintain current knowledge on industry standards.
Documentation of processes into work instructions, training guides and certification testing.
Continuously improves production processes by utilizing established lean manufacturing methods and tools such as DMAIC, PDCA, FMEA, SPC & DOE.
Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering required
- Strong Chemical Process background to support Wet Process PCB manufacturing technologies (emphasis on RF material sets), including photo imaging, circuit etch, plating, waste treatment and environmental.
- Experience with resist strip, etch, solder strip and final finish.
- Familiar with continuous improvement initiatives such as: 5S, Standardized Work, Kanban, JIT, Kaizen and Poke-Yoke.
- Experience designing and analyzing experiments utilizing statistical tools and design of experiment.
- Ability to interface with customers and deal with difficult issues.
- Ability to lead teams, communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Capable of specifying, quoting and writing capital equipment for plating area i.e. tanks, rectifiers, hoists, racks etc. and/or automation experience.
- Strong project management, structured problem solving, data analysis and working knowledge of Word, Excel, E-mail, Minitab, and TrueChem.
- Ability to teach and train others as required in the organization.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including ability to lead cross-functional teams.
- Working knowledge and application of SPC and ISO standards.
- Complete required annual safety and RCRA training as required for position.
Experience: 5 years of printed circuit board industry experience
Must be eligible to work on defense and satellite programs subject to ITAR Regulations. Therefore, candidates must be U.S. Citizens or U.S. Permanent Residents ('Green Card').
Anaren, Inc. - 16 months ago