Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
Responsible for the process design of the thermal facilities for Cyclic Steam Stimulation (CSS) and Continuous Steam Injection (CSI) for the PetroPiar Thermal Expansion Project. The project will use different configurations of steam injection to evaluate the heavy oil reservoir response to steam enhanced oil recovery. The position will be embedded in the FEED Contractor's office and will provide daily oversight of the Contractors work, and daily interaction with the Contractor and Company process engineers to assure that company, PDVSA, and Contractor best practices are incorporated into the design. The position is located in Houston, Texas with up to 20% travel required to offices in Puerto La Cruz, Venezuela, Calgary, Canada, and other cities in the United States.
- Oversee and review of engineering work performed during FEED and detailed design. Process facilities include boiler feed water treatment, produced water treatment for reuse and/or disposal, oil/water/gas separation and treatment, steam generation equipment, steam distribution controls, measurement equipment, and process controls.
- Responsible for material and heat balance and hydraulic calculations, performance analysis and prediction, opportunity identification, and process optimization.
- Interact with Company experts and incorporate company knowledge and best practices into the project design.
- Mentor less-experienced foreign national engineers
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Chemical or Petroleum Engineering
- A minimum of 10 years' experience in process design of heavy oil production and processing facilities, including 5 years' experience with enhanced oil recovery using steam, preferable in steam assisted gravity drain systems. Experience in steam production and distribution systems, and produced gas/oil/water separation and treatment. Ideal candidates would have thermal facilities engineering experience.
- Design experience in down hole heavy oil production monitoring and measurement equipment.
- Ability to ensure that Incident & Injury Free (IIF) culture is reflected in facility design and all phases of project execution. History of injury and incident free work performance.
- Minimum of 5 years capital project experience working in Contractors' offices and providing day-to-day review and direction to a diverse engineering team.
- Direct experience on a capital project
- Knowledge of PDVSA specifications and International design standards.
- Effective communication in both English and Spanish, both oral and written.
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Location: North America
Rigzone.com - 14 months ago